Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay last spring I had to replace my right front speaker. Oaky easy enough but like clockwork my new one just started going in and out... Is there something I should know about the stock speakers, and if I just go for new after market ones how do I fit them since Chevy has its own special mounting system??? Oh and if anyone has theirs and is willing to part with one for like $30 shipped or so I might need to get in touch with you once I look deeper into this problem.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I would take it to the dealership if its still under warranty no need to pay out of pocket.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I went the route of aftermarket speakers 2 Blaupunkt 6.5" GTx 652 they were on sale for $40 for a set so I went why not.

They're nice and im planning on getting another set for the rear. anyway I think I know wht caused the problem... water. I thought car door speakers were made for rain but i guess not those two I had, anyway I got the stockers out and water came out of the passenger and the driver looked like it was starting to corrode. So I put a foam like sheet over the new ones to shield them from rain. I just wish I could have used the grill that came with them they're good looking speakers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have Infinity speakers and like them alot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Infinity isn't to bad if you get a decent set with good specs... I usually buy pioneer 3 way speakers(nice to have the tweeter right on top), but then again I only use/install pioneer head units in my vehicles.
My current head unit has the ability to control my iPod(over 8000 songs) while it's plugged and in tucked away in that little change compartment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.