Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have the regular sound system and added a 10' sub with a 2 channel amp to my system.

i recently got the stock sub with box from the cobalt pioneer sound system. it has four wires going into a clip coming out of it. how would I go about wiring it in with my existing system?? so I would have 2 subs with my current amp one from the stock pioneer system and the other my sony xplod.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm not familiar with that sub but I don't know why the 4 wires. Is there an amp built into that sub?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Maybe someone can help that has that Pioneer system already installed. I don't have that system in my LT Sedan.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I did the sam ething but had the now defunct Circuit CIty do the install of the amp and wiring. You will need the bolts from GM to mount in factory position, save money and only order the bolts, go to your local hardware store and get the nuts for them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep i know how to mount it in the factory position thanks lol, just wondering about the wiring.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The factory Pioneer sub is a dvc sub, 2-2ohm voice coils. Each set of wires on the sub encloser is wired to one of the voice coils.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all i managed to figure it out, had nice pounding bass for about 2 min till i blew the stock sub, blew all my fuses to the amp too. now i'm looking at buying a new sub to put into the stock enclosure. apperntly my amp put too much power to the stock one....

·
Registered
74 Posts
thanks all i managed to figure it out, had nice pounding bass for about 2 min till i blew the stock sub, blew all my fuses to the amp too. now i'm looking at buying a new sub to put into the stock enclosure. apperntly my amp put too much power to the stock one....
i tried putting another sub in the stock plastic box, sounded like sh!t.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
probably wouldn't. most people pull em so you can probably get it for next to nothing... or go to a pick a part and see if u can find one

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
still depends what brand youre going with. eg JL amps put out about double the normal running of a Sony thats rated the same

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.