Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an 05 Cobalt with the Pioneer System, no OnStar. I just ordered a Kenwood KDC-X993 from Crutchfield and they told me i needed a $60 integration module or i lose my sub functionality. Is there any way around this? I didn't really want to spend an extra $60. I was planning on getting the Steering Wheel Integration module but opted not to bc of this extra cost. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
umm, no. Your sub will work without the integration wire as your factory amp doesn't have a separate sub input. it just has the speaker inputs from the H/U and uses a built-in crossover for the sub channel and puts the sound out through that. No need for the integration module.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How would I install it without the integration module? Will i lose anything at all by not using the integration module?

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The only thing you need is the wiring harness. That should have everything you need on it to make everything work. I believe it's a GM-LAN-XX harness (xx's are numbers I can't remember off the top of my head). This will let you keep your door chimes, your amp will work, and a few other things associated with your stock radio. But that's just the wiring harness, so you would need that anyways. As far as an integration module, if it's something separate, I have never seen anyone use one, and nobody has problems with their premium stuff not working. All I bought was my $100 GM-LAN-04 wiring harness for my aftermarket H/U, and everything worked fine for mine (except the bluetooth volume and steering wheel controls (to which will be hooked up soon).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LAN harness includes the integration module. that is why it cost $100. I was hoping i could get away with the Metra Harness that is $15 instead of paying $60 for the harness w integration module.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.