Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stock Sub with Aftermarket Headunit?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  YellowSS06 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have an 05 Cobalt with the Pioneer System, no OnStar. I just ordered a Kenwood KDC-X993 from Crutchfield and they told me i needed a $60 integration module or i lose my sub functionality. Is there any way around this? I didn't really want to spend an extra $60. I was planning on getting the Steering Wheel Integration module but opted not to bc of this extra cost. Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks!

#2 ·
umm, no. Your sub will work without the integration wire as your factory amp doesn't have a separate sub input. it just has the speaker inputs from the H/U and uses a built-in crossover for the sub channel and puts the sound out through that. No need for the integration module.

#4 ·
The only thing you need is the wiring harness. That should have everything you need on it to make everything work. I believe it's a GM-LAN-XX harness (xx's are numbers I can't remember off the top of my head). This will let you keep your door chimes, your amp will work, and a few other things associated with your stock radio. But that's just the wiring harness, so you would need that anyways. As far as an integration module, if it's something separate, I have never seen anyone use one, and nobody has problems with their premium stuff not working. All I bought was my $100 GM-LAN-04 wiring harness for my aftermarket H/U, and everything worked fine for mine (except the bluetooth volume and steering wheel controls (to which will be hooked up soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.