Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Corbalt stalls in stop and go traffic,

Example the car drives normal at 185-189 degrees then in stop and go it picks up 2 degrees until mid 220 and engine disables itself. Also Engine light stays on and T/C comes on.

GM your better then this? Right? Oh and the car is 45k miles and others have same probllem very dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like cooling fans aren't working check fuse, and relay. Coolant levels ?

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like cooling fans aren't working check fuse, and relay. Coolant levels ?
I bought it in today... They said they will call me tomorrow to let me know whats going on. They as in the dealer and what do you mean by coolant levels?

Thanks for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What do you mean by coolant levels?
Check the coolant level in the reservoir at the far right of the engine to make sure you are not running low. A line shows where coolant should be when cold.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked Coolant it's still full. This is a absolute joke. Should be recieving the phone call today on the status of the Corbalt...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Relax! It was just one of the possibilities!!!

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Wouldn't doubt it if the fan fuse blew...it happens, no need to get all worked up over this.

Try turning the HVAC on...it will kick the fan on. If that doesn't work, well, then you've tracked down what's not working.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So to follow up they didn't even get to look at mine today. Maybe they will tomorrow. Either way this will be my first and last Chevy and last American made car. Other then the Ford no reason to even concider such Lemons.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
WOW you give up easily. It's a machine and machines will wear and breakdown Chev, Toyota, Honda even my Mitsubishi eventually failed.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW you give up easily. It's a machine and machines will wear and breakdown Chev, Toyota, Honda even my Mitsubishi eventually failed.
Bought the car with 29,000 miles it's now around 45-47 forget the number but definatly in between. This is the fourth time it's in the shop. 1st time the bulbs blew out the next time it was the door handles were sliceing people while opening so I had to replace the door handle the 3rd time was the trunk was getting damp after rain...

This is litterally the worst brand of car, they should stop selling it to customers. I stand corrected they have stopped selling the Corbalt good for you Chevy finally got something right!

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is all minor stuff, my sister is having to replace her transmission in her precious Toyota Matrix. The so called best quality vehicle in the world. When I called the junkyards for her nobody had a transmission because the guy said their failure rate was so high.2300$ for a new one not installed yet plus you might as well put in a clutch since it's apart. ka-ching ka-ching

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is all minor stuff, my sister is having to replace her transmission in her precious Toyota Matrix. The so called best quality vehicle in the world. When I called the junkyards for her nobody had a transmission because the guy said their failure rate was so high.2300$ for a new one not installed yet plus you might as well put in a clutch since it's apart. ka-ching ka-ching
How is the coolant in stop and go traffic minor stuff? You can get into accident like that...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
You can have an accident with a flat too. A car overheating is a minor repair, your bill will be less than 200$

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
You can have an accident with a flat too. A car overheating is a minor repair, your bill will be less than 200$
Maybe its just me but I've never heard of an overheating car causing an accident. Ever.

All those problems, as stated by Coby, sound very minor. And perhaps they were, I don't know, busy today? Be patient. They'll get to it.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe its just me but I've never heard of an overheating car causing an accident. Ever.

All those problems, as stated by Coby, sound very minor. And perhaps they were, I don't know, busy today? Be patient. They'll get to it.
Thanks, we willl ee hopefully tomorrow. Either way I won't be using it much longer Fawk Chevy and GM.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Either way I won't be using it much longer Fawk Chevy and GM.
Sounds like you didn't want to like GM or Chevy to begin with - why did you buy one then? Personally, I see no reasons that point to ending with that at all. :notrust:

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
I hope that everything goes well - looks like you'll be hearing back today, Bostonfan88?

If I can follow up with your dealership for you, please let me know.

Sarah
GM Customer Service

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is there a Ford Tempo forum? lol

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So they still don't know whats wrong. Took it to a personal Machanic see what happens Engine light still on and all. So maybe just maybe tomorrow someone can help me out. Should have stuck with Nissan. Get this I got better service out of a car with 100,000 miles from Nissan then one with under 40,000 from Chevy... A lot of people with the 2005Corbalt have the same issue as me.

This is the worst car ever made GM stop selling it to your customers ll together

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.