Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pop my trunk today and noticed a puddle of water in the coin drawer. I haven't had my windows down in the rain but I am in Central NY and we did have some serious torrential downpours this week. Anyone ever have this and what else should I be worried about this effecting?

·
Registered
441 Posts
do u have a sunroof ? ive heard of them leaking before..im no expert im just putting my guess on ur thread. could be a leak of some sort...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its used I asked for a carfax but didn't get it because the dealer gave me a line of ---- that I bought at the time. I have a family member that works for safelite I'll talk to him and see what he thinks...

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
That's a strange place for water to end up. Did you look around to see if there was water anywhere else? the dash? make sure to feel around on the carpet.

If you do have a sunroof they have a drain that could have plugged up or just simply backed up if the rain was that crazy. the best way to find a leak is have a helper. get the garden hose and have one person inside the car looking for the leak while spraying down the car along all possible leak areas.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Go to your bank and ask for a detailed carfax for your VIN. You can also go to carfax.com and get a trial one and see basic stuff. I also think that if you go to Ebay autos and just look for cars for sale in the links there is a different form of carfax that gives you details about a car by VIN

·
Registered
79 Posts
did you get this fixed yet? If not I may have an idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.