Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only noticed this a few times and the only time I can consistently replicate it are under these conditions.

Every day I drive home up a pretty long and steep section of highway up a mountain. On the left the there is a concrete divider that reflects this sound back to me.

I have an automatic transmission and it really sounds like that is where the noise is coming from. It's hard to describe, its almost like a faint ringing and it only happens in one of the gears at this higher RPM.

It's not so much speed/RPM related as I have heard it traveling 30 mph before. It's just that to consistently recreate it, these are the conditions that need to be met. The engine is in great condition, doesn't use or leak a drop of oil and is pretty much new looking when I change it.

The car has just over 60,000 Miles on it and I had the transmission flushed at 55,000. I never noticed the noise before the flush, but I doubt it was that.

The car has no issues running, I just didn't know if this was normal and other people have heard the noise.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have only noticed this a few times and the only time I can consistently replicate it are under these conditions.

Every day I drive home up a pretty long and steep section of highway up a mountain. On the left the there is a concrete divider that reflects this sound back to me.

I have an automatic transmission and it really sounds like that is where the noise is coming from. It's hard to describe, its almost like a faint ringing and it only happens in one of the gears at this higher RPM.

It's not so much speed/RPM related as I have heard it traveling 30 mph before. It's just that to consistently recreate it, these are the conditions that need to be met. The engine is in great condition, doesn't use or leak a drop of oil and is pretty much new looking when I change it.

The car has just over 60,000 Miles on it and I had the transmission flushed at 55,000. I never noticed the noise before the flush, but I doubt it was that.

The car has no issues running, I just didn't know if this was normal and other people have heard the noise.
I've heard that flushing sometimes causes problems.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I take the transmission thing back. At any point my car hits 4 thousand it makes the screeching noise. Whether I am drive, what gear I am in, it makes the noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.