Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when accelerate i get a strange vibration noise from my exhaust right under the middle of the car do you think the heat shield could be touching it in some places. what do you guys think it could be?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Yea loose heat shield would be my best guess

·
Registered
85 Posts
Is it a aftermarket catback by any chance?

I had 2 magnaflow catbacks now and had that same noise and turns out it was the resonator that broke both times.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my cat broke where it is flexable (it is the stock cat) and that it where the exhaust is getting out and making the weird noise do i have to replace my entire cat to fix it... if so i am getting a high flow cat

·
Registered
69 Posts
mY EXHAUST MAKES A WHISTLE, SOUNDS LIKE A TURBO! sweet UH!! Loose heat shield hole in exhaust???

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured out where the noise is coming from. It is where the flexable joint at the top of the cat bolts onto the headers at first i thought oh my bolts vibrated loose then i cooled down the pipe to tighten them and i turned my car on put my hand down there and the exhaust was leaking out of the flexable part itself.... new CAT TIME!!!! that part cannot be replaced so i ordered an XTC 2.5" high flow cat from cobalt-addiction.com $279 whit shipping bolts right on no welding (A stock cat from gm is like $500for the supercharged and $400 for the NA cobalts)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.