Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Isn't it only illegal if you use red or blue lights? Around here you can run with them as long as it isn't those 2 colors.....looks cool!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NJ's strict with everything. Only lights in the back can be red front has to be white and sides only red and amber. So I'd need a lot of different colored LEDs lol Then maybe, just maybe, I could find a loophole.
-----Added 14 Sep 2008 at 01:19:41-----
and thanks!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Have you considered getting the plastic cover that goes over the metal plate under the rear of your cobalt? See first photo under your license plate. If you look at LT models they usually come with them -- gives it a "cleaner" finished look.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
never knew there was a cover for that. Do they have it at gmpartsdirect? Have a part #? Cus I hate that thing lol

Edit: I just looked up some pics. That would be nice to have.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'm sure...but try getting it from CED 1-800-441-5150 -- shipping is usually cheaper.

Cover: 15784684
Bolt (2) 11610055
Nutclip (2) 11569612

Next time you see a LT look for it to see if you like it -- I do -- I've put one on my 06 LS and my 07 SS/NA.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
looks nice, I want to get some red ones for my car when shes all done

·
Registered
750 Posts
I also have a StreetGlow Optx LED kit. I have the 7 color kit and just got it working again the other night. After it was installed for a month the control module went out on it and just got the replacement under warranty in the mail this week. However MI is the same way with the underglow law can only be on in private parking lots or while parked but thats why i take trips to OH. They dont give a damn what you do lol. If interested I'll take some pics tomorrow night of the different colors. I must say it looks awesome with the turbo ss grilles.

·
Banned
384 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
750 Posts
Im gonna guess that your talking about my pics cuz i dont see grille shots from anyone else. The way i achieved this look was to turn the tube so that the lights actually point at the radiator and then the radiator reflects the light to get the appearance. If the lights point toward the ground only the lower grille lights up and if its pointed upward only the top grille lights up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
im getting some led's installed this weekend that can change colors but u can also set em to certain colors with a control knob... anybody know anything about these?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.