Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
After researching on Google I'm not a 100% sure what the problem is, I believe it might be the CV joints. I noticed the noise when I slowly turned into a parking space. I turned my wheel all the way to the right (and left) and slowly back up and it sounds like a stretching sound. I don't hear any metal noises. Maybe like a squeaky spring slowly being released. Has anyone ever had something close to this?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks. My tires are finished, Ill check again when I put my winters on.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm kinda thinking that your tires have nothing to do with what you explained. Maybe one of you brake rotor shields is rubbing on the rotor when you do a sharp turn. Do you only hear this while turning to one side or either way you turn. May also be a sign of imminent bearing failure. You might start to hear bearing noise in the near future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Coby,
In May I had my hub bearing and rotors changed in the front both sides. I hear the noise when I do a sharp turn on both sides..

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Yeah, they might have accidentally bent the sheilds to close to rotors. It happens you know they use ball peen hammers to loosen stuff and you just need a mis-hit, hit the sheild a bit and there you go you cause a problem without knowing you even touched the sheild. Sheild should be about a 1/4" away from the rotor all the way around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there anything I should do to the shield? I changed my front brakes last Thursday and lost my lug nut key lol so I'll have to wait until my order comes in to remove the wheel :(

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No need to remove the wheel. Put it upon the hoist and just check the shield clearance.

·
Chevy Customer Service
794 Posts
TJR,

Please be sure to keep everyone posted once you put on your winter tires. If you have to go to your GM dealership, please let us know so we can assist.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
ball joints. thats what it sounds like to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took a video this afternoon, I will post soon. Coby, I checked the shields, everything seems to be good there :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had a mechanic take a look at it quickly after putting my winter tires on and he took a quick drive with it around the block, he says it might be the stabilizing pins on each side, make sense?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
That is a puzzling noise, maybe upper strut bearings but it's wierd that it's onlt at either end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.