Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
think dc sports is outta it since they been bought out. been trying to find one since for my car. Lemmie know how it goes.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think you can find it cheaper than RacingLab. They seem to be a little overpriced. Cobalt Addiction has it for $121 shipped if they have them. Might be able to find it cheaper yet. Otherwise used. I'll be picking one up soon as I have my intake and lowering springs done.

·
Banned
161 Posts
unless you drive like your auto-x'ing in your daily drive they are very pointless. you wont even know its there. if somebody tells you they can feel a difference its only when screaming though turns and even then they wont feel it because the supporting mods arent there..." springs, struts, front and rear sway bars, sway bar links, traction bars, solid engine mounts, ect" i can think of many other things you could waste 100-200 dollars on your car.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
unless you drive like your auto-x'ing in your daily drive they are very pointless. you wont even know its there. if somebody tells you they can feel a difference its only when screaming though turns and even then they wont feel it because the supporting mods arent there..." springs, struts, front and rear sway bars, sway bar links, traction bars, solid engine mounts, ect" i can think of many other things you could waste 100-200 dollars on your car.
Agree with you on it not making a big difference in handling -- but it is an excellent visual item under the hood -- dresses up the engine compartment.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Agree with you on it not making a big difference in handling -- but it is an excellent visual item under the hood -- dresses up the engine compartment.
not to mention even though the car is a unibody.. you not driving a freakin mustang so you are getting know where near the tq numbers being placed on the platform.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
You can get the Rear Anti Sway Bar from Neverenoughauto.com for $130 shipped i think

·
Registered
265 Posts
I believe the best strut bar for our cars on the market right now is the MRZ brand. MRZ Performance

But it really is about six one way, half-dozen the other...

·
Registered
257 Posts
MRZ is the best looking one by far and this will do absolutely nothing for you unless your auto x...even then there are better choices like stabilizers and frame connectors.

·
Registered
265 Posts
MRZ is the best looking one by far and this will do absolutely nothing for you unless your auto x...even then there are better choices like stabilizers and frame connectors.
I do a lot of backroading/ax style driving so it will be essential and a huge difference in performance when I get one... Stablilizers and frame connectors? I haven't come across any yet...

·
Registered
673 Posts
Just driving around town or on the highway you will not notice the strut bar but if you auto x or drive the car hard in the twisties it will make a difference.

Also, MRZ by far has the best bar around. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I rebuilding the entire suspension system on my car. I live in southern MS, with lots of gravel and dirt roads, full of twisties. The fun thing to do is we take our cars and trucks to a place called Camp Shelby just outside Hattisburg. That place has plenty of mudding spots for the trucks, and an uncountable number of gravel roads with which to ax to your hearts content. The only downside to the place, you need to be military to get on the base (obviously) and when screaming around a corner, be watchful of any tanks that may be coming your way.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I wanted to get the MRZ strut bar but they were sold out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.