Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better they seem to be about the same price and if the sway is better is it worth the difficulty installing?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ nice, thx for the info im still learnin alot about this car. I got a rear sway sittin in my trunk because someone stole my ramps a while back lol.

·
Registered
496 Posts
^^ nice, thx for the info im still learnin alot about this car. I got a rear sway sittin in my trunk because someone stole my ramps a while back lol.
what brand rear sway bar did you get? im looking at either a Eibach or turbo tech. any opinions?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as strength TTR is the best out there and thats what I bought, you can buy the whole system from eibach tho and save a little money going that way if you want all one brand but im gonna mix it up and try and get as much feedback on the best setup out there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
As far as strength TTR is the best out there and thats what I bought, you can buy the whole system from eibach tho and save a little money going that way if you want all one brand but im gonna mix it up and try and get as much feedback on the best setup out there.
great idea on the feedback. i love this site for that reason. and since the TTR is probably the most durable, ill probably just shoot for that one. thx

·
Registered
610 Posts
i heard that the eibachs are too stiff. correct me if im wrong. TTR is the most popular for our cars. ask OBZ, he has them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The Eibach front is overkill, the rear is OK. TTR is the stiffest for the price. Some people believe it to be overkill. I'm not sure which one I want yet. I'll either be getting Eibach, TTR in red, or OTT Performance 1.0" in red (its the most expensive...$205, but it's also the lightest as it's hollow).

I'd really like to just get the OTT bar, but I can't justify spending about $250 shipped for it when I can get the Eibach for $100 less.

Front sway is a pain in the ass to install...there are 2 ways to do it, one is a bit less work than the other, but either way it sucks and I for one don't think I will be replacing it just for that fact.

A front strut bar most likely isn't needed, but I bought one from ARK along with their short antenna (got a great deal on both together). I'm sure it's in my mind, but when I installed it, I thought I could tell an ever so slight difference.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Get the sway bar

·
Registered
720 Posts
I want to focus on handling before I get more into performance...that's just me. For the OP, I recommend getting a rear sway first, then front sway if you really want to tackle that job...otherwise you can get a strut bar, but they are pretty much just for show. It's the same as working on a VQ35DE...if you know much about those engines, you'll know that buying an intake, header, or a few other things really are pointless. You can buy them to say you have them, but they don't make much if any difference. Same with a strut bar on a Cobalt.

I want to get my rear sway bar, shocks/struts, new brake pads/rotors/ss lines. Aftermarket wheels will be the last part of the handling.

Eventually, when all that is said and done, then I'll get my header/dp. By that time I'll have decided if I want to go S/C or not. I have to decide whether I want to go SC so I can decide which header/dp to buy. I'll be getting ZZP mid-length, but that will determine the primaries and what not.

I'm saving for a sporty car (wanted to get a Sky RL/Solstice GXP), but my wife says I need something with a rear seat for the car seat. So I'm looking at Infinity G35/G37, 05-06 GTO, 03-04 Mustang Mach 1...maybe something else, but those are my focus right now...may wait a while longer and just get a new Camaro SS if I can afford a used one in a few years. I'm not looking to spend more than $20k on one.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I want to focus on handling before I get more into performance...that's just me. For the OP, I recommend getting a rear sway first, then front sway if you really want to tackle that job...otherwise you can get a strut bar, but they are pretty much just for show. It's the same as working on a VQ35DE...if you know much about those engines, you'll know that buying an intake, header, or a few other things really are pointless. You can buy them to say you have them, but they don't make much if any difference. Same with a strut bar on a Cobalt.

I want to get my rear sway bar, shocks/struts, new brake pads/rotors/ss lines. Aftermarket wheels will be the last part of the handling.

Eventually, when all that is said and done, then I'll get my header/dp. By that time I'll have decided if I want to go S/C or not. I have to decide whether I want to go SC so I can decide which header/dp to buy. I'll be getting ZZP mid-length, but that will determine the primaries and what not.

I'm saving for a sporty car (wanted to get a Sky RL/Solstice GXP), but my wife says I need something with a rear seat for the car seat. So I'm looking at Infinity G35/G37, 05-06 GTO, 03-04 Mustang Mach 1...maybe something else, but those are my focus right now...may wait a while longer and just get a new Camaro SS if I can afford a used one in a few years. I'm not looking to spend more than $20k on one.
so the strut bars basically take up space or what? ive read somewhere that the firewall does the same thing as a strut bar. so is the purchase of a strut bar even justified?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Short answer, no.

·
Registered
496 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally gonna put mine in today, newborns are not easy to take care of lol.

·
Registered
496 Posts
no, lots of people go with just the rear. it will help handling tremendously.
hmmm, not too shabby. ill probably look into a TTR one once i get some more funds, thx

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.