Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that I can upgrade my '06 automatic to fe5 struts and shocks. Where is a good place to purchase and what brand...

·
Registered
23 Posts
your best bet would probably be some fe5 suspension from ebay, they usually get them off of salvaged ss cars and my cobalt had fe5 suspension from a junkyard cobalt a long time ago

if you want new suspension ebay is the best place to look

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you don’t want to get old used struts that may or may not be blown or weak, I’d go for the ones on RockAuto. They are fairly cheap considering they are the genuine ones that the dealership would supply. Not something a parts store would have.

I bought the cheap-o Gabriel Ultra struts and shocks not too long ago. But will likely go for the FE5 AC Delco units if I end up getting lowering springs. The Gabriels were stiffer than what came stock on the FE1 suspension. A lot better than when I’ve put Monroe struts on these cars.

Also look into getting the aluminum control arms. The early years aluminum arms will fit the FE1 cars. That’s one of the next things I’m going to install on my Cobalt.

·
Say What again!
6,105 Posts
AC Delco 506683 and 506684 are FE5 front struts (LH and RH, respectively)
AC Delco 560825 is the FE5 rear shock (same part for either side)

Reactions: AddictedHippie420
1 - 5 of 5 Posts