Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Urgh, okay,

so I buy a new cobalt last week, had to get my parents to co-sign cuz im still a student for a few more years. I been waiting to get this car all last week but we had to keep pushing it cuz my parents and the dealer could not always make it to get shit in order etc etc. So this weekend, i took my sound system and other things off the old civic, getting it ready to install on the new car when i get it tonight. My mom then calls this morning on my way to work to tell me 1)she can't come to get the car with me today and 2) that i should listen to my stepdad, and not put the sound system or any other addition to the new car. I was like ''wtf does it make a difference if i put the sound system or anything else on the car...i'm not voiding any warranties or ****ing anything up. And i'm paying for the whole car all they had to do was co-sign for it.....give me a break. And they wont let off either, they're all being like 'let's go get your deposit back and tell them you are not going to take the car' etc. anyone else got these problems? I surely hope not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow dude that is ****ed up. Lol I would of been sooo annoyed too .well I also have it co sign but my parents aren't that ****ing strict. I want to put a system on my car but I don't know yet since I already had my sound system jack like a year ago from my toyota camry ,still kinda worried. But yea my dad is like that 2 he always talk shit for any new addition on my car. Lol but yea I still do it because its my car and I'm paying for every single cent invested on my car and yea ,just do what u want its your money and it makes you happy don't let them take that away from u. Just careful with your car and system.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh my system was stolen 2 years ago from my civic, then i got an alarm, and everytime i would leave my car parked somewhere i threw a shirt over my system, no problems in like a year and a half and im careful wwhere i park so its all good. I cant believe theyre being so gay, imean what do they expect me to do with the system ****, i got it replaced last year by insurance, $2200. Ill never get that if i sell it so wtf. theyre ridiculous in this case. I think ill just tell them im not gonna do it for now, then get the car, drive it stock for awhile then like after the winter just throw it in wtv **** im gonna be 21 this year, i got 2 years left of engineering then ill be buying a house lool and my car will be so done up when im on my own :p urgh just pisses me off.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**Update** my parents called me back and told me that i can do wtv the **** i want, i'm old enough and they don't want to hear about or see any mods I do to the car and to go pick it up on my own or wtv. Now theyre simply playing the guilt trip :p

VICTORY!!!!

lol. hope i can still pick my car up tonight though. cant wait to feel the 40hp increase in speed from my old civic :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
That's why I bought my Cobalt in cold hard cash! No cosigning, no loans....it's mine all mine!!!!!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Skrew dealerships! when my parents and i went to buy my car that was supposed to be shipped from ohio, that was on hold for me, they sold it! and this happened 5 times no lie! so a month later all the cobalts that i wanted with the dark blue color, black interior and sunroofs were sold! so i had to get the very last one with the black interior and color but it lacked a sunroof and i was soo pissed off:mad:

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's why I bought my Cobalt in cold hard cash! No cosigning, no loans....it's mine all mine!!!!!
That's great you have a job and you could save enough to cash purchase a car, and I will do the same when i'm done school in afew years for my 370z or wtv lol, but right now, i needed a new car, and i couldn't exactly sign it myself as I am not working full time yet, so i kinda have no choice. But good job man that's the best way to do it, no debt!

man sometimes parents piss me off i do lots of shit for them and here they are bein all gay bout modifying a car i am paying wholely for.....stupid.owell only a few more years left and no more of that lool

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey imma start an occupation thread and see whaùt evry1 does lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
lol yea dude just keep it on the low , just put the speakers somewhere else and dont bump it around ur house so ur haters and your parents dont find out. lol dude were do u live by?

·
Registered
474 Posts
my mom was like that too with my balt, I ripped the emblems off of it the night I brought it home, and when I wanted to put on my cold air intake and whatnot, she complained, I quickly reminded her whos car it was and she didn't say anything else, now she's jealous of my car because it's nicer than hers lol

I got lucky though and didn't need a co-signer, I was barely 18, and had just enough credit to get it on my own, from my cell phone bill and work history I guess.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I went to the lot looking at the Chevy Colorado crew cabs, and couldn't afford them, and I saw the cobalts and was like hmmmm....
yeah man i wanted a colorado Z71... noone would aprove me

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
my mom was like that too with my balt, I ripped the emblems off of it the night I brought it home, and when I wanted to put on my cold air intake and whatnot, she complained, I quickly reminded her whos car it was and she didn't say anything else, now she's jealous of my car because it's nicer than hers lol

I got lucky though and didn't need a co-signer, I was barely 18, and had just enough credit to get it on my own, from my cell phone bill and work history I guess.
Lucky you didn't need a co signer. I have great credit too, but since i'm a student full time and not working full time, it's necessary to have a co-signer. I think it's a bit different here than in the US, theyre a little more careful here bout that stuff, which could be good and annoying too.

lol yea dude just keep it on the low , just put the speakers somewhere else and dont bump it around ur house so ur haters and your parents dont find out. lol dude were do u live by?
Yeh well i will get my way eventually. Even my car salesman (who was frikin amazing) was like "its fine if he gets it done, itll look nice and all the kids do it" they just like control that's all and its frustrating cuz im good to them. I actually live in montreal (Qc, Canada) if youve ever heard of it. I even offered them to get it done professionally even though ive installed many systems, so that if anything went wrong it's warrantied install, but they choose not to listen.

Picked up the car last night. SOO sweet. BIG upgrade from my 2001, 222 000km honda civic :p Ill snap shots soon as i get time this week.

·
Registered
474 Posts
yeah man i wanted a colorado Z71... noone would aprove me

Yeah that's what I wanted, I drove a Z71 4X4 crew cab in driver's ed and fell in love with it, they had a cobalt sedan there too, and I hated it, but I quickly fell in love with my car after I got it.

Lucky you didn't need a co signer. I have great credit too, but since i'm a student full time and not working full time, it's necessary to have a co-signer. I think it's a bit different here than in the US, theyre a little more careful here bout that stuff, which could be good and annoying too.

QUOTE]

Yeah that's what saved me too, I worked at the same place for like 3 years before I went to buy my car, otherwise my parents wouldn't have co-signed for me.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yay i was wondering when u were gonna get it & post pix... hahaha

/threadjack :laugh:
**** yeah man I been waiting for almost 2 weeks to get this car...parents always busy had to keep pushing it, finally got it!! now i'm debating wether I should put my mags on for the month that I have left before winter or just roll on my stock steelies until then....but i love my mags :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.