Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get subwoofer boxes to put in the corners of the truck cause i kinda want my trunk space back but still have y 12s in it. Where can i get corner subwoofer boxes or would i have tomake them custom? If custom how much would that on average cost me?

·
Registered
526 Posts
if you don't have tools it will be expensive. You need a big compressor, grinder/sander, long hair fiberglass, short hair fiberglass, filler bondo, carpet, MDF board, staple/nail gun and on mine it took 30 hours to make it and get it right. THEN if you want to paint it air gun, automotive paint, clear, hardener and good bondo skills to not have any pinholes

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

oh and resin, a lot of hardeners, little pink things to pull the bondo, and all different sorts of sandpapers

·
Registered
43 Posts
its not that hard to do just time consuming. all you need is MDF and if you want to fiberglass as you can see in the above post then you have all that material. Easiest and cheapest way to go is just buy a sheet of mdf have them cut it at lowes or home depot then just make the corner boxes yourself and then just but some auto carpet to match the trunk and auto carpet the boxes. if you want you can buy some 12 inch single boxes and put in the corner although i doubt its going to sound good.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not that hard to do just time consuming. all you need is MDF and if you want to fiberglass as you can see in the above post then you have all that material. Easiest and cheapest way to go is just buy a sheet of mdf have them cut it at lowes or home depot then just make the corner boxes yourself and then just but some auto carpet to match the trunk and auto carpet the boxes. if you want you can buy some 12 inch single boxes and put in the corner although i doubt its going to sound good.
yea i think ima just leave it as is for now. i dont really have the money for something expensive :( o well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea i think ima just leave it as is for now. i dont really have the money for something expensive :( o well.

if you go to sonixelectronix.com they have cheap sub boxes for like 20-40 bucks. not expensive at all and mdf is only 32 dollars at lowes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.