Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear it mostly when I turn left, on the left side of steering column or the suspension or something (idk) the noise is in synch, not random as if there was a rock stuck somewhere bouncing around.

There has been construction and no way to get out of my neighborhood without going over a compact, pot hole filled, gravel area and there are a ton of those rough cement bumps in the road for a half mile once out of the neighborhood.

Worried I messed something up going too fast through the construction zone : ( my dad doesn't know what it might be.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
CV joint maybe if the noise is in sync with tire rotation velocity.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only when it's moving. Which doesn't really makes sense to me.

And no it doesn't seem to pull,only a tiny bit, my car drives pretty straight.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
The way to diagnose this is go, with a friend, in a parking lot where you can make a full circle. Turning in a sharp left circle have friend walk besides the left front wheel. If he hears a crunching grinding noise coming from the center area of the wheel chance are you have a bad CV (Constant Velocity)joint and you are going to need a new one

or preferably a complete new axle since the inner tripod joint has the same mileage.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I'll do that tomorrow.

If it is that, is it easy to fix? Jack it up and swap them out sorta thing, or a project I'll have to take to the dealer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.