Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is what Im working with.

Anyone have suggestions on some body modifications? Im just looking for some ideas right now, any opinions are appreciated!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Awesome...

That is one mean looking ride. I like a stock look mostly. The tint really looks good on the black...
Welsome to the site..... Congratulations!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is one mean looking ride. I like a stock look mostly. The tint really looks good on the black...
Welsome to the site..... Congratulations!!
Thanks man! Its just a shame that tinting the front windshield is illegal. But i can see the reasoning for it lol.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lower the rear at least so it doesn't look like a 4-wheeler. I purchased the purple-tagged SS/SC rear springs form crateenginedepot.com and it lowered the rear 0.25" -- makes the rear wheelwell look more like the front. Or you can get some aftermarket springs to drop it more....if you're into that. There are lots of accessories from GM (checkout crateenginedepot.com and click on "cobalt/G5 performance" on the left side of their website and checkout what's available) and aftermarket is coming along too -- check the sites that support YourCobalt, like ModernPerformance.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got any specifics part numbers for rear springs? And im really new to body mods so excuse me if i sound dumb, but how do i paint and tint lights?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Got any specifics part numbers for rear springs? And im really new to body mods so excuse me if i sound dumb, but how do i paint and tint lights?
Go to this site to start drooling..lol:
UserID=3818741&SessionID=QpuFF70FXas39uYKa{Mx

The factory replacement rear springs for the SS are not the same as the assembly line springs -- these drop the rear about .2"-.25" -- I used them on my SS/NA and am happy with it:
Cobalt FE5 Rear Spring 10390024 - Crate Engine Depot

If you want more drop search the site for others who have the lowered springs.

Also, look in the "lounge" at the "stickied" threads for a thread titled "websites for parts" then click on all the different sites for Cobalt stuff.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much time does it take to install the new springs? Is it very difficult or how experienced should i be to mess with it? Im an engine guy, ive never really messed with suspension. I guess i should start though since the two tie in so close together.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
How much time does it take to install the new springs? Is it very difficult or how experienced should i be to mess with it? Im an engine guy, ive never really messed with suspension. I guess i should start though since the two tie in so close together.
once you get into suspension, you will start looking at new wheels/tires, cause what use is a better handling ride, and more power, if you slide all over the road???????

drop that bish and put a nice set of black rims on it, it will make it look hawt, then you will want to paint the calipers, cause lets face it, the factory metal calipers look like garbage when you can see them through the wheels.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once you get into suspension, you will start looking at new wheels/tires, cause what use is a better handling ride, and more power, if you slide all over the road???????

drop that bish and put a nice set of black rims on it, it will make it look hawt, then you will want to paint the calipers, cause lets face it, the factory metal calipers look like garbage when you can see them through the wheels.
Ok, got any suggestions on rims/rubber?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Ok, got any suggestions on rims/rubber?
The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels

for the rims, good deals.

for tires, it all depends on what you are looking to do with them.......tires are only as good as what the owner is doing with them, like, you arent gonna be driving in winter with summer wheels, so all seasons may be in order, unless you keep your factory wheels and throw your winter rubber on them, and put a true summer wheel on the new rims

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.