Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wanting to paint a couple more pieces blue, like the ring around the shifter, the drivers side compartment, and the glove box piece.

The steering wheel pieces are done, I just haven't taken a picture of them.

If I wanted to do the rest black in such a way that it matched the stock black; What type of paint will I use?

Used Krylon Fusion for plastics (Navy Blue Gloss) for the trim.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I redid my pillars and roof trim pieces with Krylon plastic satin black and it looks really good, I think I have a pick in my garage if you want to see the color.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just dont do anything with a glossy finish or it will look terrible (for the black). Flat looks bad too IMO.
I got a can from walmart that was labelled as flat black, just a cheapo $3 can, and it was more of a semi-gloss. But the finish looks just like the stock black after getting an armourall wipe down

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree with the krylon fusion satin black. I have used it in my car and its a near perfect match to the stock black dash color.

Here is a picture of my interior that shows the top part of the door painted black with the krylon paint next to the stock dash

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Are you not planning on doing your head liner and pillars biniecki? The black, tan and silver combo drove me nuts!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I do plan to do the pillars and headliner eventually. The rest of the interior I have painted to charcoal gray and black instead of the stock colors.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.