Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Ideas of very good turbo upgrades for my SS/TC?
My issue the trust thing, i dont wanna dump 5K into a place that i dont know anything about. I have seen alot of sites that make stuff for it and want ideas.

Hahn- 323HP!"With stock Turbo No upgrade yet i think" Talked to the guy and said they will have the GT35r in Jan2011 for my car available. Kinda leaning 2 them but waiting on specs of gains

Autowerks-535HP!!! but i dont know anything about this site....

ZZP- 425HP!! I have heard some things from them but mostly about the SS/SC

Also spoke to a mechanic from back in hawaii thats lookin around and he told me that the fuel injectors will have problems at 400+HP and would need 2 be replaced with better ones but he knows little 2 nothin about cobalts. So i got him emailing most of these places to see if they will let him know there secret if anything lol.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wut is ur actual goal?
Sorry 4 the late reply i only get on when im working for the 8hrs.... LOL

I really want like 650maxed. I dont plan on pushing that everyday or street racing or stuff. I just want 2 b able to say i got that. If not im willing to go 500HP flat.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

If you are looking at Hahn products check out www.TurboTechRacing.com we are a master distributor and offer the BEST prices (as shown online)
Then why dont you PM me a quote on everything u think i will need for my car and being sent 2 Hawaii. That would help

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
The injectors really depend on how big of a turbo you end up getting..(i think) lol

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
650.. ur gonna need pistons,rods, and trifecta tuning to get the fuel pressure high enough for that.. and a good turbo.. i think the s252 can get u close enough. but there's almost no lnfs with that much power

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
The closest one is ZZP right now with their LNF. You will need a LOT of work to hit 500hp on your tc. I had a 3076r running 26psi and hit the 420hp mark where I ran out of fuel, and even at 26psi I was running REALLY lean, but was getting just enough to keep me from knocking. So, if you have 5k you are dealing with, go with ZZP's kit, it will be the closest you're going to be able to get and the safest as it's been tested. NOW, keep in mind, if you are going for the 500hp, we start bending rods in the tc's around 430-450hp, so keep that in mind :)

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
zzp is a pretty reputable site. so is hahn. what are you exactly looking for? are you going to a track to race or are you just gonna be doing every day driving? keep in mind the more horsepower you're putting out in these little 4 cylinders, the more maintenance you're gonna have to do. i would outweigh your wants with your needs if this is your DD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.