Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone with a sunburst orange balt painted their interior trim. pics???and what did you use to paint it rattlecan or mixed paint??? any help would be grat... trying to do my interior on a really tight budget

·
Registered
750 Posts
Here is a pic of mine. I had my body shop guy hit it with some color after doing some other stuff for me but I know a lot of ppl who just used a rattle can and it looks great.

·
Registered
78 Posts
that looks good if i do it im not gonna rattle can it that looks way better how much was it?????????

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think he charged me around $100 to do it. Im not 100% sure on the cost cuz that was almost 3 yrs ago now

·
Registered
78 Posts
i really realy like that

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
If you have an O' Reilly's autoparts store in your area try them out. There is a new system out that uses regular body shop style paint and a compressed air sprayer and bottle to spray factory color paint. They can mix as little as 1/2 pint of paint and up to at least one gallon. all you need is the paint code or any paint info you have such as year make and the color the manufacturer called the color of your car. I plan on going that route when I really start doing the rest of my trim, as opposed to generic rattle can stuff

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you have an O' Reilly's autoparts store in your area try them out. There is a new system out that uses regular body shop style paint and a compressed air sprayer and bottle to spray factory color paint. They can mix as little as 1/2 pint of paint and up to at least one gallon. all you need is the paint code or any paint info you have such as year make and the color the manufacturer called the color of your car. I plan on going that route when I really start doing the rest of my trim, as opposed to generic rattle can stuff
sweet i'm gonna have to check that out. we have like 10 o'reily's around town. thanks for the idea... i'm like you i can't really see myself spraying a generic color trying to match this one.... it's too different.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
and that does look sick biniecki

·
Registered
750 Posts
Thanks its held up well too only part that is chipping in the area around the shifter. This area gave my painter trouble to begin with. He even used adhesive promoters several times but the paint did not want to stick there; it kept peeling off when unmasking. Other than that area everything has been great

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet...i'm gonna talk to my painter soonso i can get those side skirts done and maybe hopefully get my clearcoat problem fixed

·
Registered
750 Posts
The cup holder "trim" is easy. The entire cup holder is removable and the black plastic part comes out so that you can fit larger cups in it. Remove the black plastic holder and paint the entire cup holder and put the plastic piece back in.

For the shifter trim you need to take the entire top piece of the center column off and then mask off the area around the shifter and then paint.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
The cup holder "trim" is easy. The entire cup holder is removable and the black plastic part comes out so that you can fit larger cups in it. Remove the black plastic holder and paint the entire cup holder and put the plastic piece back in.

For the shifter trim you need to take the entire top piece of the center column off and then mask off the area around the shifter and then paint.
does the center column just yank right off?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I mean can u repaint it? like if I paint mine orange, can i paint over it and make it black? or am i stuck with the orange?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes you can repaint. you can always just paint over it if you don't like it or sand it down and repaint it. There is nothing that will really prevent you from doing that. Worst case scenario you mess it up and have to buy new trim pieces

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.