Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So almost every sunday morning I wake up before dawn, take a shower and go cruising somewhere around the island. I started bringing my camera with me and would try and find a spot to snap a few good pics of whichever car I happen to be driving. I figured I would just start a thread where I could share my little adventures :D

So first are a couple pics of my 'new to me' mazdaspeed miata up in Haleiwa (warning
I go here a lot lol) This was a few weeks ago.

Then Last week I drove down to Diamond head to check out the sunrise, Then cruised up to kapolei to snap a few shots before heading home.

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Then Today I was up in Haleiwa again for breakfast, then I cruised down to Waikiki to chill by the beach and show off in front of the tourists for a bit.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

I'll try and update every sunday.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gonna head out to the windward side, grab some fast food breakfast and catch the sunrise in the miata. Prolly be up around the kaaawa or hau ulu area today, so I gotta get an extra early start! Pics tonight or tomorrow!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I'm pretty much done with my drive, chilling at a coffee farm in the center of the island. I drove from makakilo to H# and over to the windward side. There I drove north along the coast till I got to Kaaawa where I grabbed some fruit and parked on the side of the road to watch the sun come up.

I then kept drving north till I passed kahuku and got onto the north shore. Stopped in Haleiwa (as always)

And finally ended up here at the coffee farm. Off to the girlfriends house after this to pick her up and back home after that.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome Pictures! :D

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Just got done with todays cruise, but I don't have too many decent pics from today. The weather has been crappy and rainy the past few days, so there was too much cloud cover to get any sort of sunrise :( I did still snap a few shots tho, so I will upload as soon as I'm done going thru them!

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

And of course end the morning at starbucks so I can upload pics :D

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Agita San Hawaii has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world but I could use a few more pictures of your beautiful girl. Don't be so greedy, you see her all the time and maybe don't appreciate what you have. Make us drool a little and convince her for a few poses. Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Crappy weather???

Thanks guys! Just got done with todays cruise, but I don't have too many decent pics from today. The weather has been crappy and rainy the past few days, so there was too much cloud cover to get any sort of sunrise :( I did still snap a few shots tho, so I will upload as soon as I'm done going thru them!

Awesome photos.....But I'd trade for you for your crappy weather.....struggling to get above zero at high noon today, under a fresh 10" snow blanket!:frown2:

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agita San Hawaii has some of the most beautiful scenery in the world but I could use a few more pictures of your beautiful girl. Don't be so greedy, you see her all the time and maybe don't appreciate what you have. Make us drool a little and convince her for a few poses. Thanks in advance....
Lol never happen. Shes not down anymore

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Awesome photos.....But I'd trade for you for your crappy weather.....struggling to get above zero at high noon today, under a fresh 10" snow blanket!:frown2:
Sounds like a bad trade, you can keep it...

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I went for a short drive on the west side of the island christmas morning, but I didn't bring my camera (crappy place to bring expensive toys lol) so no pics last weekend, but I skipped the festivities last night so I could wake up early and catch the first sunrise of 2017! I had my homey fernando from my car club join me with his RSX.

For this cruise I went back to the north part of the windward side of the island and hung out in Ka'a'awa again, then kept driving around to the north shore to chill in haleiwa to chill for a bit.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another sunday morning come and gone. I drove south today and went to Zippys in Hawaii Kai for breakfast before driving down along south shore. Pulled into one of the lookouts to catch the sunrise, and went wandering around a bit and found a small cave I never knew about before that opened up about 15 feet up the clif over the water. I got some video from the opening of the cave but it's always hit or miss whether or not the video is able to upload :( Finally drove back to Hawaii Kai to grab a couple pics of the car.

Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/mBUWUlmu5cM

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Took the speed up to north shore today. Was super cloudy so I wasn't able to get many sunrise pics, but I picked my gf up after and drove around some more through the day!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So last weekend I didn't do anything special, just drove up to Haleiwa for breakfast and chilled with a couple friends, so no pics from last sunday. This morning I drove down to diamond head again and found a lookout that I had mostly to myself for the morning. Mostly just took pics of my at tho, but I was able to get one decent shot of the sun coming up.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No sun here today, snowing like heck.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry I haven't posted in a bit! I got a couple weekends worth of pics to post up...
Start with a couple weekends ago, I went to waikiki beach and was able to get a few good shots of the ride. Had to be quick about it tho, since its a 500 dollar fine if you get caught with a vehicle on the sand o_O

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Then later that day I met up with a couple friends in the mazda and went for a drive (I only got the one picture tho)

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Then this past sunday I drove out to bellows afb on the windward side. Was way too cloudy to really catch the sunrise, but it was clear enough to be able to see molokai and kauai on the horizon which has been pretty rare lately with all the Vog :( After hanging out on the beach for a few minutes I drove out to the old runway to snag some more shots of the car before heading back to the leeward side.

Instead of taking the freeway, I decided to take the pali highway instead so I could check out a little lookout right before you get into town. It overlooks a cemetary with a big pagoda (supposedly the tallest in the world) and a nice view of town, but while I was there I noticed this woman on the side of the road waving and giving shaka. At first I assumed she was just panhandling or something, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to grab a few pictures, and ended up talking with her for awhile and even standing and waving with her for a bit! Her name is Tamara and she runs a group called the peace project, whose only goal is to try and do things to make people smile. Felt super blessed to have met this woman, and look forward to more shots with her later on :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.