Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at posts on sunroof drain problems and can find several on how to unclog but I believe my connection has come loose where I cant reach it. I have run water in drain hole from above and it directly goes down to driver carpet on left side. I have run some nylon string and it is not clogged but I believe the connection is come apart.

I can not find any instruction how to safely access where the connections for the drain hose are. It appears they run along the rail from roof . On the inside the trim has a circle that looks like a cover for something. It reads "airbag" and I am not certain if prying that open will set off airbag.

I pushed nylon string trimmer from both directions top down and bottom up and the string will get lost inside somewhere without coming out the other end.

I'm convinced my hose isn't clogged but top elbow connector or bottom elbow connector might be apart.

Im not sure of proper terminology but I removed the plastic shield that runs along the door and around the interior hood release latch and I found a black rubber hose that ran to what would appear the bottom of car to outside.

I removed several plastic rivets holding the drivers side wheel well cover to see if any thing there and I only saw foam sponge insulation type material.

Any step by step instructions online for removing the covers safely to access and repair?

The only water I'm getting is on floor, and not on ceiling.

Thanks in advance if anyone has info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have you removed interior plastic along the windshield pillar? Had similar issues with my truck and found the drain hose detached at sunroof drain track.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts