Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is wat it came like

this is wat it looks like now

im wantin to put lambo doors on it for sure. also me and my buddy are about to take the racing strip off the side and all the emblems off it. except you know ill keep the chevy symbols. but we are paintin them black so that way my car will all blacked out for sure.also we are tinting out all the lights in the back. some told me to do a cool air intak and maybe even a turbo. but i am more about the way it looks i cant afford anymore tickets. soo does anyone have any ideas wat could make this cobalt look real sick?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Throw a kit on it, lower it, system, get like me pretty much ahaha... j/k oh and throw some police issue whellen strobe on it!!!!! I got the 6 channel kit and damn it looks nice at night

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Just a few suggestions.. Drop it, lose the stripe, tint your tail lights and side markers and paint the insides of your headlights. Then you will have a pretty clean ride. If you like the lambo doors get them. Do what YOU think is cool

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when u say paint the inside of the headlights wat Does that mean. Like tint them? And yeah the strip is going and so are all the letters on it. The chevy symbol is gettin painted black so that way everything will be black on black. So everyone thinks it should be lowered cause all my boys think so too. But i want twentys.but i do like the idea of being lowered in an 08. Also wat do you all Know about gettin the car wet sanded and than buffed.and it does have two db drive tens with a 600 wat db speed series amp.its pretty good for tens most people think they are twelves untill i show them to them.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
No take the headlights apart and paint the chrome areas to color match exterior. Why wetsand a perfectly good paint job??? Just wax and buff it out. You wet sand and it takes layers of clear off......

·
Banned
292 Posts
way to setup a vote to were there is no bad answers... point blank, i don't dig it and its the wheels that make the car and those wheels just take away from the look of the car imo.

i'd follow the rest of these guys advice as far a appearance modifications, however if your going to roll 20's i wouldn't bother with performance modifications unless your jsut doing them for looks.

just my .02 c.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude was talking bout wet sandin i guess cause there are some pretty bad scratches on the hood i think but they arent to bad i guess.ive never really known too much about the wet sand process. so probably buffing it out will do just fine. and also im new to this site and i had my friend set the poll up cause i didnt really care about the poll to be honest i think my car looks straight thats why i told him to make that the first option. and i decided i do want to lower it but how much should it cost do u think so i dont get screwed over? but since its an automatic wat could i even do to the engine. i always thought people really only mess with engines that are 5 or 6 speeds.but yeah i am pretty much just about the looks of the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
My car is an automatic. The engine mods I have done have worked out pretty good.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
well with the large rims that you have on that car and the wheel gap between the fender and the wheel must go. Your car is begging for a drop. After that you might wanna look into getting a lip kit since you are going for looks. The RK sport kit is pretty nice. So is the duvella or the ground effects kit that GM offers. Hope this helps man

·
Banned
292 Posts
dude was talking bout wet sandin i guess cause there are some pretty bad scratches on the hood i think but they arent to bad i guess.ive never really known too much about the wet sand process. so probably buffing it out will do just fine. and also im new to this site and i had my friend set the poll up cause i didnt really care about the poll to be honest i think my car looks straight thats why i told him to make that the first option. and i decided i do want to lower it but how much should it cost do u think so i dont get screwed over? but since its an automatic wat could i even do to the engine. i always thought people really only mess with engines that are 5 or 6 speeds.but yeah i am pretty much just about the looks of the car.
well if you want honest opinions you need a range from good to bad on a poll, reguardless car needs a drop. eibach sportlines are around 220 and there are lots of other springs but eibach seems to be the way to go with just about everyone.

you can do mods to a automatic and it will still respond well, lots of drag cars are automatic so were you got the idea that a automatic car don't get modded i don't know.

there are tons of things you can do, by the end of this year i should have justa bout every bolt on available... getting ready to buy a header and downpipe i already have a catback exhaust and cold air intake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
deff drop it! then it would look alot better.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
paint the headlight housing, and lower for sure.(like said above) maybe a wing/hood depending on your taste. i like the rk sport 3 pc wing. also think about something with the exhaust. i know, kind of expensive for looks. it will make it funner to drive also. but the pear and long tube coming from the back end doesnt look to good. my 2 cents.

·
Banned
292 Posts
cheap but good exhaust would be the tsudo n-1 lots of people on here have it and love it.
can get for jsut over 160 bucks on ebay before shipping lil over 200 after shipping.
good exhaust and good sound search rdrhoades on youtube and you will find my videos of the exhaust.

·
Registered
92 Posts
A drop...debadge and tint your tails. Looks good tho

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.