Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m wondering if I can put a super charger on my 05 Chevy cobalt without a tune. Because I believe I cannot tune my 05

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
No, you're likely blow it up pretty quickly. I think for 05-06, you'll probably need to go to some form of aftermarket ECU.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, you're likely blow it up pretty quickly. I think for 05-06, you'll probably need to go to some form of aftermarket ECU.
What if I get a stock supercharger from a different cobalt. Or switch the computers and shit so I can tune it. Will that work?

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
The stock M62 bolts on, but it would still need larger injectors and to be tuned.

I am not sure if the car will accept an '07+ ECU or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The stock M62 bolts on, but it would still need larger injectors and to be tuned.

I am not sure if the car will accept an '07+ ECU or not.
Alright! Thank you for the help. I might try it out and let you know

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Best of luck - sorry I wasn't able to help out more. The '05-06 computers are a bit of a mystique compared to the '07+ computers.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Alright! Thank you for the help. I might try it out and let you know
I would advise against just throwing it on and running it. Trifecta used to tune for 05 and 06 Cobalts, they would still have the ability but from what I heard they are not just not tuning them anymore. You can try that route if you would like.

Also you will need more than just the stock supercharger from another cobalt, I feel like more researach is neded before you dive into this project.

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts