·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Turbo, especially at that mileage.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the mileage really that big of a problem? Im just thinking it would be a lot cheaper to supercharge my car vs buying the turbo balt because if I buy the SS I probably wont have any money for mods for a long time.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's not if it's in good condition, just keep in mind it's not nearly the same potential. Do a compression and leak down test on your motor, or have it done by a shop.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do come spring time most likely. I mean the engine runs strong and theres not a drop of oil in my engine bay Im not really worried about the engine much but the tranny is my main focus.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
That should be okay with the power, talk to Corry Brown on Facebook since he's not on here much anymore, has a base model that was supercharged and is now working on turbo.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
A Supercharged 2.2L with a decent pulley (~2.9 or smaller), full exhaust and a good tune will easily keep up with a stock LNF. I hung with one when I was still running the stock 2.2L manifold, downpipe and exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Dang. I'll be running a 3.1", dual pass, 60#, ZZP midlength (1.75" primaries, 200 cell) a GMPP catback and a Trifecta tune. ZZP estimates 9-12psi. 240whp I think would be the most optimistic.

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Should also see less parasitic loss due to a manual transmission and a decent clutch.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Yes. You'll probably be fine - though 60s is way overkill for a 3.1" pulley...

I made right around 220whp with an SS/TC 2.5" exhaust, but still with the stock manifold and downpipe. Right around 14-15psi.

I dynoed it again after I got the header/downpipe, but the converter wouldn't stay locked, so I got a lower figure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.