Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the for sale, but I don't have the parts for sale yet.
Just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a few weeks when I remove.
I've got:
-stock m62 sc with quick change hub and 2.9 pulley ran great without cooling mods.
-siemens #60 injectors and LSJ harness adaptor
-possibly a dp, looks like an aftermarket 2.5
-k&n typhoon intake for LSJ

Just wanted to see if this would actually sell here or only on css

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh like lsj head?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well I can sell the blower and pulley! I'm keeping the stock ic system. No reason to change it. I'll be running around 350hp and iats always stayed low with my system supercharged, never over 70

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I said up top.. using the stock ic system. Might already have a usable 2.5" dp, and has new 2.5" cat back

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I have enough cash I'll go 3" but I'm only gunna be around 350 for now. What do you mean about the intercooler? I'm gonna keep my stock heat exchanger system. Got it all planned out.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

For now might need to keep my 2.5" full system

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes in air to air, i dont need it. TB will be cooling air while the charge pipe goes from the tb, bov in the middle, and to the turbo. the turbo inlet to intake. Youre charge pipe can go straight to tb/turbo, as long as you have cooling(tb)

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol like you said, look it up! youll be surprised at what you find. its more common than you think. but since you guys didnt know that it was even possible, then you know all about keeping stock ic system right?? -_-

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would most definitely be interested in the Injectors.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
okay good to know. Ill keep you posted.

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
lol like you said, look it up! youll be surprised at what you find. its more common than you think. but since you guys didnt know that it was even possible, then you know all about keeping stock ic system right?? -_-
Honestly, in the years I've been dealing with the SS cobalts (since 2004 when they first came out for the 2005 year), I've NEVER seen anyone successfully use the stock IC stuff from the SC on the TC. I'd like to see references to this. Not trying to heckle or doubt, would just like to see it myself so I can learn something.

Last I knew the stock IC for the SC's were in a place that needed to be replaced when switching to turbo which is why you can't use the stock one. There are water to air IC's (check out CherryGT as that is what he is running). And yes, you can run the piping directly from the Turbo to the TB without an IC, and yes you would need good cooling to do so, HOWEVER, your stock IC and IC pump will not be sufficient enough to cool down the airflow enough to make a good enough difference to make more power. Not trying to put you down or anything, just it was hard enough to cool the air from the SC, and now your adding more heat from more boost, and the IC won't be able to handle that, and most of the time doesn't handle lightly modded SC's, thus why they make aftercoolers for the LSJ's.

It's your car, please do as you wish to it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You have 3 options when modding a car Cheap, Reliable, and Fast. Which 2 do you want? By cheaping out and taking shortcuts, you've just chosen cheap, so you now can pick either Reliable or Fast. IMHO, I would NEVER rush into a build or doing any FI on a non-FI car, or take short cuts. If you do it right the first time and it takes longer, it will last longer and make you more happy. Just my $.02 tho, take it or leave it. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And yes, you can run the piping directly from the Turbo to the TB without an IC, and yes you would need good cooling to do so, HOWEVER, your stock IC and IC pump will not be sufficient enough to cool down the airflow enough to make a good enough difference to make more power.
thats great, but you just said you didnt know anything about keeping the stock ic systems, so how do you know this system is not sufficient???
I appreciate the help but on the css forums there are a lot of guys who run stock ic systems and most people on there say they are fine.
Like i said, my iats are usually super cold and never reach over like 60 during abuse.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

from the info i have found, they are fine especially when you run around 350hp. Sure, maybe in the 400+ range IATs climb too much.

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

also, would zzp make the adapter plate to keep stock IC system if it didnt work decently??

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.