Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.... This is The same Question from 8-26--14...... I checked all those things, and its noone of those things in the replies from 8 14...... I have had NO codes in the last year!!!! Yet the supercharger is not working,Yet the belt is tight and spinning! I have no idea what it could be! No performance codes are comming up! No codes at all! Thank You!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone have any ideas?

It's like the supercharger is not there? .... I really don't have a clue. There are no codes on the meter. Just hit the gas, and its like normal aspirated. No boost. It just suddenly stopped. It happened once before... they did a gasket job and it sort of helped...for a little bit but...not for long ... i didn't push it or race it or anything and stopped again. I mean I never even pushed the rpm's to 6k.... and i get no boost.... never mind over revving. so.. any thoughts at all? I check the bypass valve thing.. and its opening and closing as it should. So... its not that and the vacuum. So I'm lost. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
You've got to have a pretty substantial boost leak, or the propeller shafts/lobes simply aren't turning. I don't believe the M62 has a clutch on the pulley, it should be direct drive, but I can't 100% verify that. If it were seized your belt would probably burn up and snap after a few miles. If the gasket job worked for awhile, could be that it's come undone again (due to bad install) and causing the same problem.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Check for leaks anywhere, if you can't find any then pull the supercharger off and have a look at it, make sure everything is actually working right

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.