Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive done the exhaust and intake completley.. All i wanna do is get a supercharger setup for my 2.2L... Anyone have ne info on if i can do it and where i can get the equip??

Thnks guys

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I dont think there is a kit for the 2.2. The only ones ive seen are rebuilt blowers for the 2.0. The only kits your going to find are turbo kits.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
just do a motor swap if you have the money thats what i plan to do as soon as warranty is up

·
Registered
57 Posts
gmpp has a supercharger for a 2.2 ecotec, but it is listed for the cavalier, not sure if it will work or not.

·
Registered
192 Posts
it wont, the computers are different. you'd be able to bolt up the supercharger no problem, just wouldnt have any tuning therefore would more than likely run like shit.

·
Registered
57 Posts
yea i forgot to mention about tuning in the last statement, the sc should bolt up but you would have to get appropriate injectors and some sort of after market tuning capabilities like an AEM piggyback or something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yea i forgot to mention about tuning in the last statement, the sc should bolt up but you would have to get appropriate injectors and some sort of after market tuning capabilities like an AEM piggyback or something.
One of the members on CSS.net, Beck, did an LSJ blower swap onto his LE5. From what I've read it's making like 255 whp and almost as much torque. The blower swap can be done but there is a lot of planning involved, try contacting him on the .net and maybe he can guide you in the right direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which Engine Does The Lt Have? And Whihc Does The Sc Have?

·
Registered
869 Posts
If you payed attention, you would notice that BlackBalt said LE5, which means the 2.4L. If you took the time to read any of the stickies, then you would know that the SS/SC has the LSJ, or the 2.0L. Take time to gather information, otherwise you have no business modding anything.

·
Banned
161 Posts
omg you own a cobalt and you dont know... please go read a sticky

·
Registered
594 Posts
that could work who knows for the 2.2

·
Banned
4 Posts
One of the members on CSS.net, Beck, did an LSJ blower swap onto his LE5. From what I've read it's making like 255 whp and almost as much torque. The blower swap can be done but there is a lot of planning involved, try contacting him on the .net and maybe he can guide you in the right direction.
He did it because tuning was a alot easier :)

it wont, the computers are different. you'd be able to bolt up the supercharger no problem, just wouldnt have any tuning therefore would more than likely run like shit.
most likely what would happen is that you would blow your engine if you were running with a supercharger on a 2.2L that was untuned. Please refrain from posting

·
Banned
161 Posts
did i not say it would run like shit? i'll post as i please
no you probably shouldnt... also.. MSOE..pwnds ohio state... architectural engineers ftw

·
Registered
257 Posts
techno viking strikes again....:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.