Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:huh:is it true that when you are putting lowering springs that you have to put shocks and struts too because the stock ones we have on are too weak? and i also have a really stupid question do you have to buy both shocks and struts or is that something that comes together sorry ppl just learnin. plz explain thnx

·
Registered
94 Posts
With lowering your car it is going to cause the stock shocks and struts to wear out faster. And you can buy the shocks and struts seperately if your going to do this i would recommend the KYB brand they seem to ride rather well in my opinion

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I'd just do it the right way with coil overs, but thats just me. :suspicious:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
koo thnx man i already have em on though but here comes the worst part i think well i knw most ppl are goin to say i shudnt of but i got some dropzone springs is that bad?? i knt go too xpensive but i knt go too cheap too huh knw of ne brands??

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Imagine how jealous I was when my boy got racing coilovers for his BMW for $250 to test them for a company :mad:...

I've read the dropzones may squeal and whatnot, everyone here says eibach.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nah actually ive had these for a while alrdy id say going to a year and they havent given me any trouble but last night i was reading bout having to change ur shocks and struts and thought to myself f--k now ima have to buy that now but bout much though i mean anyone knw of any good cheap ones that ill be safe with

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
moved to suspension thread.

And ya your stocks are fine for a while...im about 10,*** miles on my stock and there fine.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stock shocks and struts could last anywhere from 5k miles to 50k miles with lowering springs...there's no predetermined amount of time...it really depends on how you drive....are you careful not to hit any bumps, potholes, etc....then they could last longer (not necessarily though).

You don't want to cheap out on something that is part of your suspension and safety of your car.

There are other threads on this and I've written in a couple of them I believe.

Quick summary, there are stock replacement (four levels...FE1, FE3, LSJ FE5, LNF FE5...FE1 is stock on LS/LT, FE3 is stock on SS/NA and Sport, LSJ FE5 is SS/SC, and LNF FE5 is SS/TC). You can get a set of SS/TC FE5 struts and shocks for just a little over $300 shipped...they are the most common I believe that people use...you can also buy aftermarket. I know of Monroe Sensa-trac and KYB GR-2's. The GR-2's are about $200 shipped from AJUSA.com.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Please start using the search tool you guys . . .this topic has been covered more than enough times . . . thank you all who helped and aswered this question but remember newbies . . . search tool is your best friend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.