Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright...so im positive that the next mod that i am going to do is putting on lowering springs, but have also decided that while i have that area torn down that i should go ahead and replace the suspension as well. my car has almost 70k on it and have no idea how many miles the current suspension has on them, but i know it could use it. so my questions is...whats a decent suspension that will last a while and have a good ride? i know that there are some, like coilovers, that you can adjust the height on the suspension itself... right? if you go that route, lowering springs arent needed...correct? if so, whats cheaper, a good suspension and springs or a one piece deal? i looked at koni suspension, and could possibly go that price route but it would be quite a bit longer before i was able to...lol.

·
Banned
292 Posts
sportlines, koni struts and shocks, ttr rear sway, fe5 front sway, ttr front tie brace (not out yet but will be badass), and i think u'll be set...

i've heard people say that the sportlines koni combo almost feels like a factory ride. btw the konis are adjustable between stiff medium and firm.

the other stuff if optional but i suggest it.

coilovers are okay, if you want to lower it alot for the show look then raise it for daily driving i don't see a point in them really and IMO they are a major pain in the ass. springs are way cheaper for coilovers ur looking from 800-1000 to much imo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As a matter of fact...

...I have the sportline/Koni combo....no complaints here!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really don't have a whole lot of money to put into my suspension, will the fe5 components work on a base cobalt. I know the cars are basically the same I just don't know if chevy did something different with the ss. I just want to use the struts, I am going to buy different springs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have the sportlines, but i want to go lower without coilovers...any suggestions?!? a lot of my friends said cutting the springs, but i dont know how that would hold up in the long run...

·
Registered
26 Posts
how crappy is crap?!? im trying to toss 20's under it for this upcoming season so therefore im not sure if i want to go lower or just wait and see how it sits after the bigger rims are put on...desicions desicions...hmmm

·
Registered
26 Posts
money is not really an issue, i guess im what u call frugal with money after all i have my daughter being born in may so i have to have some kind of money saved up...i guess the whole thing im looking for is looks, i dont care how it handles cuz i have a company car i drive all day everyday, i only drive the balt after work to hang out spots and the track and shows...so i guess im gunna wait

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bigzem..if you are going w/ 20's, sportlines will look just fine...check this out...

CIAZ.net • View topic - pictures of my ride!! more pics

pics of a guy here in az who has a SS with sportlines and 20's...ride looks shweet. if you want lower go with coilovers or bag the shit...both are around the same price.. depending on which set of coilovers you go with...

·
Registered
26 Posts
thanks and thats the exact look im going for, i dont like any gap between the top of tire and inner fender well...thats perfect, thanks for all the advice n tips...now i just gotta find a set of 20's...anyone wanna help ha ha

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i found mine on craigslist.com! haha...guy bought them for an accord that he had and then ended up and buying a new one and the lug pattern went from 4-5...so he had no use for them. got them and 90+% treaded tires for a whopping $500.00!!! his lose my gain...not like he was hurting for money or anything. he had his new accord...no mods yet, a debadged escalade or expedtion (couldnt tell) on 26's and customed out and an 08' vette in his other garage...geez! haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.