Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...came on for my daughter in her '09LT sedan with 70K miles. It went out for a day, then came back on.

Will this light have to be on for the dealer to diagnose it, or is a code being stored now?

And what is this going to cost me? ;)

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Sounds like a TPMS, they're about $24 here at the dealer, then you have to get it installed, so they have to remove the tire off of the rim and re-balance so probably looking at an other 10-15 there. When it happens check the tpms info on her DIC it will show a value of "--" at the bad sensor. On average the batteries last 7-10 years.

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

If you hate dealers....

Amazon.com: ACDelco 13586335 GM Original Equipment Tire Pressure Sensor: Automotive

Reactions: KimberlyPaulson

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. We'll see what my local dealer tells me the part costs...;)

Not to sound lazy, but is that attachment the part no. for the Cobalt's TPMS? You would know better than me, but I don't know if there's more than one, etc.

Again, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
I got that last week and all I did was the relearn process since I only got my TPMS last year. Might want to try that first!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I broke off my TPMS sensor when changing my tire and Autozone sells the Shrader Valve for less than 2 bucks, Hopefully thats all you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.