Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok guys here it is. My black 09 tc. It has ~70,000 miles, and is pretty much stock for now. I do have plans for it. The plan list will probably grow larger over time. This is what I'd like to do as of now.

Plans

Exhaust
Sri/cai
Tune
Retrofit headlights
Powdercoat wheels bronze/new wheels
Lower

How I bought it

[/URL] [/IMG]

How it sits now

All I really did was play around with plasti dip. The eyelids/bowties

[/URL] [/IMG]

[/URL] [/IMG]

Stock for now.. but clean :)

[/URL] [/IMG]

Update (8/15/2014) Blacked out tails with plasti dip and cleared them. Comes off easy with gasoline, had to take it off once cause I screwed it up. Gonna have to do the reverse again.

[/URL] [/IMG]

Update (11/2/2014)

Well turns out I already have a showoff that I forgot about.. lol.. anyway here are some new pictures and some minor mods I've done. The calipers were painted black, and I wanted to change it up.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So jealous. I want a ss/tc. How many miles.

It had ~69600 when I bought it, after the long drive home and everything it has like 70,100 or something.

Glad you got her man! Im not a black car person but congrats! Cant wait to see what you do to her.
You know what, I HATE black. I think that it is the best looking color when it's clean.. but it is never clean lol . I wash it about 2 times a week and it stays clean for maybe 2 days if I don't drive much. But like I said, when it's clean it looks amazing. And I actually wanted black because I love the blacked out look.. but I think I'm gonna do bronze wheels instead of black. Idk, we'll see how it turns out

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I think I'm gonna get the stocks powder coated. I like them a lot more than most wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,I untainted my taillights. My dad was behind me and said it was hard to see the lights, even with the LED's. So I took the leds back and got my $35 back, and took the dip off.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

I'll just have to buy the LED tails from somewhere

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
PM colodude

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I will after I get money piled up into my bank account. I will probably do some performance upgrades first though.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Colodude charges too much imo. All he does for the coupes is put another k2 led ring into the brake light housing and then sells them for 300 plus bucks when I can get a set of k2 tails for little over 100.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I think he buys 2 sets . So he has to make money. I don't think I would spend the money for lights anyway

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
He buys 2 sets of lights at about $100 each to make one set then charges for his time and wiring that he makes to have them working.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah so $300 is pretty reasonable

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I just can't see myself spending that on lights. I'd be happy with the regular k2's

·
Registered
922 Posts
Looks good!!! and Welcome to the LNF life. I haven't tuned mine yet, but I'm still pretty happy with the power difference in the SS from my LS.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks good!!! and Welcome to the LNF life. I haven't tuned mine yet, but I'm still pretty happy with the power difference in the SS from my LS.
Thank you lol. I LOVE this thing. I've driven a good bit of cars and when I get in them I usually say "it feels like i'm not moving compared to mine" lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.