Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, guys. Most know I bought myself a focus st, and I am absolutely In love with it. Speed wise it is very similar to an ss/TC stock. Too close for me to tell. I think the ss may have been a hair faster, but not by much. It's a really fun car, and is also very comfortable now that my driver side recaro is forming to me lol it handles amazing. I love the steering in it. The interior is very high quality for the class, soft touch and leather everywhere.

My plans are to keep it pretty basic for a little bit. I want caliper covers soon, Cobb access port, exhaust, cai, and maybe coilovers, and wheels... og and intercooler. That's a good starting list I think, and it'll take me a bit to work on that. Just washed it, so here are some pictures!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some more

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
Hope you'll like your Ford.

·
Super Moderator
11,820 Posts
You know what they say!!!
FORD=Found on road dead
FORD=Fix or repair Daily
FORD=****en old restored Dodge
Built Ford though with GM parts.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
You know what they say!!!
FORD=Found on road dead
FORD=Fix or repair Daily
FORD=****en old restored Dodge
Built Ford though with GM parts.
haha, the reservoir of Ford jokes is unending isn't it?

SS better ;)
The Discovery space shuttle is better. Is that relatable? No. Let the man have his fun.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's fine. The ss may be slightly faster, but I can guarantee you the st is better in almost every other way. The st is more practical too, I love the extra doors and the hatch space. So nice lol

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I were to only care about performance, and nothing else then i would have gotten another ss. But for every day use I think this.

2 doors (unless I somehow found a clean sedan) vs 4 doors

Can't fit anything in trunk vs super easy hatch with lots of space

Plastic interior that rattles vs soft touch everything and solid no rattles

No warranty, higher mileage, possible "porous" block vs warranty and 20k miles

And also I've been in a cobalt forever lol so something new is just nice sometimes.

Also, I absolutely love the cobalt ss. For a performer it is hard to beat for the price, one day maybe I'll pick another up. But for me, right now.. the st is better.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol they can't disagree. Everything I said is true, and all preferences to me. They can't disagree that my car is a hatch back and has more room. Sure the ss may be faster, but I prefer my st which is basically the same speed.. just a tad slower

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.