Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking to drill rotors or anything like that, I'm not looking for a kit. I just would like to know what parts I would need to do the conversion; I'm looking to go to a junkyard find a wrecked ss and get the parts I need.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ahh yes the 4 to 5 lug conversion. First you will need new wheel hubs for all 4 wheels. I believe you can leave the rear drums and only have to buy new 5 lug drums for the back. Then you will need to get the calipers, rotors, and brake lines. You will need a spacer to put on the hub so the rotors will sit properly in the calipers.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I will add you will need new rims all around too

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe I'll start by converting to five lugs and then getting the disks for rear and front, maybe not the brembos so that I don't have to run an 18" wheel.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Brembo's clear with a 17. If you swap to rear disc the only way is to swap the entire rear beam. As for brembo's you still need spacers check the install instructions on CED.

I'm one of the few that can say been there done that to this.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
How thick is the hub spacer? Do you know off the top of your head?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I want to say like 3mm
Brembo Caliper Hub Spacer JPWBS

John Powell makes them, you can see how the rotor not being centered even by 3mm would be an issue though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.