Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off want to say hi and new to the forum. i just bought an 06 cobalt lt and it does not have an ipod attachment or anything of that sort. i was looking into buying the 07 factory radio. whow would i go about doing this and what would i need. links would be great. cheers

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hey, welcome. I think you would just pretty much follow this until you got to where you need to be
Radio removal

·
Registered
720 Posts
Doesn't work. Try searching, but to give you a summary the 05-06 have one type of wiring harness on the back and 07+ are different. They can't be re-pinned either as that's been tried and just doesn't work.

Your best bet is to buy aftermarket. If it did work I would sell you my factory deck, because it's just sitting in my garage, I upgraded from the 07 base to the 07 w/ XM and MP3. On top of just replacing a stock deck, you need to go to a dealership and have them reprogram the deck to work. Each car's radio is programmed to ONLY work with that cars VIN...so a reprogram is in order and it will cost you at least $50 (I was charged $75 I think). So in all you'll be spending enough to justify an aftermarket head unit that will sound better and give you more features.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.