Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched forum found nothing.
what size sway bar bushings are for fe3. I have a 2.4l. Searched web and I get different sizes for fe3. thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
What year? Go on GMpartsgiant.com and insert your VIN it will come up with only the parts for your car.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would it be this one

Collapse INSULATOR, Stabilizer Shaft
INSULATOR,FRT STAB SHF(22MM BAR)
A(FE3) 02 $12.79 $8.41 Submit

·
Registered
589 Posts
That's the one. I just bought some moog brand insulators from advance auto. They may have what you need in stock and cheaper. I'm installing exhaust today and also swapping to fe5 front bar and adding ZZP rear bar. Should be an interesting day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Moog part number is K200047

http://m.advanceautoparts.com/mt/shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/moog-sway-bar-bushing-k200047/21880683-P?searchTerm=sway+bar+parts+

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another question. Would this fe5 part fit my car

MOOG Part # K750012 Click for more information about this part
{#15787554, 20784688, 22708767} Problem Solver; 9.86" Center to Center

Would it fit with my fe3 sway bar?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
If you're lowered more than 2" it will fit. It will fit either way but might occasionnaly hit.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Unless you plan on lowering your car.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I'm lowered on ksports but with im thinking of going back to stock springs. I change my mind too much. Lol. Thanks again coby. Your a big help to yourcobalt!

·
Registered
589 Posts
The difference in the end link size has to do with the swaybar. The fe5 bar is about 2" taller where the end links connect. Thus, a shorter link is needed. Theres a pretty big difference in length between the fe1 and fe5 links. Im not sure if they use a different length link for fe3 or if they use an fe1 or fe5 link.

I've got my fe1 bar out. I'm trying to wiggle in the fe5. The added height of the new bar is making it harder to get it in. The repair manual says to mark and remove the steering shaft and rear engine mount for removal and replacement. I removed the rear mount but I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess with the steering shaft.

Old exhaust is out now too. I've got to get this bar in before I move on to the new DP and cat back.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Got everything installed. That front bar was a PITA.

Now the only thing I have left to install is the O2 sensor. My old one is stuck in my old downpipe. Got some PB blaster on it for the night. If that doesn't work, I'll put a little heat to the surrounding pip and see if that'll do it.

I can't wait to hear her run!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.