Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sworn last week while I was at work I read a topic about someone putting on sway bars, but I can't damn find it now.

I have an 09 LT XFE coupe and I would just enjoy less body roll in corners and crisper handling, etc. And I'm probably just deep down looking for excuses to play with my new toy. But anyway.

Has anyone done this? I've been looking around and can't seem to find a kit with both the rear and front bars for less than like $350-$400. I was kinda hoping to spend $200-$250 myself. I like DC sports, I've used it on a previous vehicle, but I only see a front bar, not a rear.

Any help please?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I could have sworn last week while I was at work I read a topic about someone putting on sway bars, but I can't damn find it now.

I have an 09 LT XFE coupe and I would just enjoy less body roll in corners and crisper handling, etc. And I'm probably just deep down looking for excuses to play with my new toy. But anyway.

Has anyone done this? I've been looking around and can't seem to find a kit with both the rear and front bars for less than like $350-$400. I was kinda hoping to spend $200-$250 myself. I like DC sports, I've used it on a previous vehicle, but I only see a front bar, not a rear.

Any help please?
it sounds like your confusing strut tower bars, and sway bars a little.
dc makes the strut tower bar for the front under the hood tying the strut towers together. most people dont think they do much for cobalts because the towers are so close to the firewall. and no one makes one for the rear because the shocks in the back have a different set up.

sway bars go under the car tying the suspension and chassis from underneath. if you really want better handling go with the rear sway. it will be the best for the buck to help with cornering. those you can get in that price range. most people seem to swear by the ttr ones. and ottp, progress, and eibach also make them. others too im sure.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The rear sway bar is the best thing you can do to make your car handle better IMO
Currently My setup is SSC springs, DC strut bar, and TTR rear sway bar. And when I'm in the corners, SS/SC's can't lose me!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see. Thanks for clearing that up about the strut bars and sway bars.

Is the TurboTechRacing website the only place you can order one from? That's all I'm finding, so I'm guessing $170 is the cheapest I'll find it at?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Well there are a few sites and a few different bars. But TTR has a pretty good selection and there customer service is great. So I usually order through them.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
That is not for a cobalt... Pete, post a pic of your engine bay. I am not aware of any reason that one should not fit an 09. I do they will not fit the SS/TC because of the intake clearance

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
There is no difference in the 09's.. You can use any strut bar for the cobalt..

·
Banned
1,559 Posts
I have a RSB to be honest I don't really feel a diff

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
I see. Well that picture is the same one that pulls up from like 7 or 8 different website links when I look up "DC strut cobalt" or "cobalt DC strut."

I'm guessing yours looks more like this one?
05-09 Chevrolet Cobalt DC Sports Front Strut Tower Brace

That's listed as the DC strut bar on that particular website.
Anyway, I have to go to the gym, I'll check back later.
yeah, thats the one.:bigsmile: i like mrz's. looks great imo, plus you can get them custom engraved. little pricier though.Brushed Billet Strut Brace, Delta cars, Cobalt - Pursuit - G5: by Make and Model - Chevrolet - Cobalt - delta strut bar brushed - MRZ Performance

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well there are a few sites and a few different bars. But TTR has a pretty good selection and there customer service is great. So I usually order through them.
Hey man i see you said you got SSSC springs on your lt. How much did that drop you? you got before and after pics?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Hey man i see you said you got SSSC springs on your lt. How much did that drop you? you got before and after pics?
No I have SSC springs not SS/SC springs.. They are not quite as low as eibach sportlines, but are perfect IMO

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That MRZ strut bar is very nice looking. I don't see anywhere on the site to contact though. When I go to checkout there is a comment box.
I was just wondering how you tell them what you want engraved on it, and I assumed it would cost slightly more money? I don't want to buy one and leave a comment saying what I want and them send me a normal one saying I didn't pay for an engrave, but I can't find anything about it on the website.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
That MRZ strut bar is very nice looking. I don't see anywhere on the site to contact though. When I go to checkout there is a comment box.
I was just wondering how you tell them what you want engraved on it, and I assumed it would cost slightly more money? I don't want to buy one and leave a comment saying what I want and them send me a normal one saying I didn't pay for an engrave, but I can't find anything about it on the website.
MRZ Performance

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.