Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was looking to get performance front and rear sway bars for my LS to accent the springs and rims. Im looking to make the car handle well. Any suggestions on good priced package deals? any preffered brands? ne one use FE5 stuff? I saw this on ebay

ST FRONT & REAR ANTI SWAY BAR 05 06 07 CHEVY COBALT:eBay Motors (item 200360757881 end time Oct-05-09 20:33:16 PDT)

Has anyone used or heard of this brand? they look nice but 19mm rear is kinda small compared to the fe5's 22mm. and the front 22mm is also small compared to the fe5's 24mm. These specs were stated for fe5 on the crateenginedepot site.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I recommend getting the SS/SC front sway bar (you don't need anything more than that...and it's a bit cheaper than aftermarket). Eibach's is overkill...way too big.

Suspension Techniques rear is a bit small and the front is OK.

I would recommend for the rear the "street" bar from Over The Top Performance...that's what I have along with Sportlines right now and I love it. I have an Ark front strut bar as well. My future plans are SS/TC struts & shocks, FE5 front sway bar, and a couple minor things.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I recommend getting the SS/SC front sway bar (you don't need anything more than that...and it's a bit cheaper than aftermarket). Eibach's is overkill...way too big.

Suspension Techniques rear is a bit small and the front is OK.

I would recommend for the rear the "street" bar from Over The Top Performance...that's what I have along with Sportlines right now and I love it. I have an Ark front strut bar as well. My future plans are SS/TC struts & shocks, FE5 front sway bar, and a couple minor things.
I agree with this fully! Pretty much my same plans, except i have SSC springs and the TTR rear bar
i'll be getting a set from TTR then
TTR only has a rear bar..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I haven't drivin or rode in a cobalt with anything else, but I have the TTR rear sway bar and love it.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I haven't drivin or rode in a cobalt with anything else, but I have the TTR rear sway bar and love it.
In the LS/LT's it makes a world of difference! We don't even have a rear sway bar! all we have is that torsion beam lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
has anyone used eibach sway bars? i love the brand....and i kinda like the idea of them being over kill. If im gonna spend the money id rather get something sick.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I said the front is overkill...the rear is not bad. It's nothing super special, but it's not bad. I'll tell you one thing. I was going to buy the Eibach rear sway myself (especially since it can be had for only about $140 shipped to your door), but I really wanted the OTTP bar...spent $200 shipped for the OTTP bar and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
63 Posts
ok im gonna try to piggy back this one i have the same questions but for a 05 ss/sc i have heard alot about ebach stuff and they have a 3 stage kit i was looking at. i like keeping stuff all the same brand. this a bad idea? any and all import is great i know nothing about suspension

·
Registered
47 Posts
this sounds retarded but, someone pm if possible and explain what a sway bar is and what it does, and why you would mod it?
obviously it has something to do with suspension, im just trying to get to know my way around the car
sorry if this is off topic post or something..

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
how hard is it to install a front sway bar on an ls
the rear couldnt be any easier. if not lowered you might not even have to jack the car up. just four bolts, using existing holes. takes like 10 minutes.
i havent done the front, but heard its kind of a pita.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The front Sway bar is easy. Unbolt the tower braces put sway bar on the screws of the tower braces and then put the screws back on. Shouldnt take any longer than 10 mins to install. I believe it was only 4 screws

·
Registered
720 Posts
The front Sway bar is easy. Unbolt the tower braces put sway bar on the screws of the tower braces and then put the screws back on. Shouldnt take any longer than 10 mins to install. I believe it was only 4 screws
Sway bar...under the car...not strut bar on top of the strut towers...sway bar job is at least a few hours if you take your time...if I ever decide to do it, I'm sure it will be a full day as I'll get bored or pissed off and go inside and sit online for a while or watch TV, then go back out and work on it again.

There are 2 ways to do it, but I'm too lazy to look them up..one is slightly easier than the other.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.