Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i bought this switch for the interior neons i ordered that just shipped out today, and i dont want to drill into my center console so i'm trying to figure out how to build a box type thinger to place on the side. anyone do it b4 or have ideas?

·
Registered
455 Posts
honestly i would just drill it. thats what i did. it looks nice and clean. where would you put a box you build? it seems unnecessary for such a little switch. i have my switch controlling my neons too. i mounted it on the kicker panel on the drivers side, because theres the ground screw right there which makes it easy.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was guna just put it along side the center console. i just didnt wanna really have to drill into the console

·
Registered
455 Posts
oh kk. idk what you could do then. sorry lol.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its not so much that i don't wanna drill into it, its my dad gets *****y about it

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i went to "the shack" (as its apparently now called) and they had like a toolbox setup for wires and switches and the sorts so i open up the drawer with the switches and saw this one and i was like "THATS THE ONE!!!!" so i'm liking the switch idea

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i drilled into my center console, it turned out fine, and you cant seem them unless you lift the arm rest up.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
you could put it in the compartment on the left side of the steering wheel that as hour trunk release button

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i got pretty much 2 options, first is whats outlined in white, where i would make a lil box and put it on the side there and second is in red where i think it'll look better but then i gotta drill into it

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well my other friend has his amps hooked up to a switch in the same place as your white rectangle. i think do the white one.
how does he have it attached to his console?

·
Registered
328 Posts
oh just wait till i get mine hooked in heh its gonna be very sneaky just like my gear indicator no one is gonna know it!... top secret though till i do it couple weeks... and ill post pics... but in the little cubbie by the trunk release sounds pretty good but from the pic the switch will be alittle big to put in there...good luck!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well the thing is i dont wanna hide the switch cuz i think it looks bad ass

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.