Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright question, as I was doing research for ideas for my second set of retrofits I came across switchback leds?

So the problem I had with my first set is that I painted the caps that show the turn signal blue and black you can see in this picture here

So the turn signal would just barely be able to be seen through the paint.

Anyways I came across switchback leds but haven't heard of them before. Is that what it does? I can put them in my drl and it will act as a turn signal as well? I'm assuming I would have to change the wiring?

From what I gather is they emit light constantly and emit amber turn signal when you turn?

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I do believe they change colors for the turn signal. I've read that you need a resistor for them or they wiont work right though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yeah because of the leds, Im just thinking, Ill need to tap wires from the turn signal holder? How would these leds know when to use the turn signal when it is socketed in a different holder?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
A switch bacl LED bulb has 3 contacts like any 3157. DRL which ligths white and the other contact is blinker which lights amber. Third contact is ground of course. You will need a 10Ω 25 watt in parallel with each blinker to eleviate the hyper flashing.

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright got this from a member on css,

"The bulb itself senses the variation in voltage and switches to amber when the blinker is activated. The only thing you have to do to add these is to wire in a resistor to the parking lamp wires otherwise you'll have hyper flash."

So no need to tap any wires only add resistors!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes, resistors will be needed for LED's on turn signals. LED's (Light Emitting Diodes) do not have any resistance or delay of off and on. That's where the hyperblink or hyperflash occurs. It travels at speed of light (voltage).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.