Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I have two houses my name is under. One in PA and one in NJ... I currently have PA reg/insurance/plates under my mom's name (she bought the car in her name and I'm paying it off) and PA license.... if I want to switch to NJ license, would I still be able to have my car reged/insured in PA under my mom's name without cops giving me shit about it?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no clue...sorry man. try makin some calls or something maybe...idunno
Well I called DMV and asked about license and they said it's fine if I switch it over... the problem is I don't know like would insurance still cover me if I had a NJ license and out of state insurance/reg and if cops would give me shit about it.

I mean come on I get a ticket for cracked tail light casing 3 days after I got rear-ended haha.

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Well I called DMV and asked about license and they said it's fine if I switch it over... the problem is I don't know like would insurance still cover me if I had a NJ license and out of state insurance/reg and if cops would give me shit about it.

I mean come on I get a ticket for cracked tail light casing 3 days after I got rear-ended haha.

Im sure there will be nuttin wrong with changeing the insureance. Just get a insurance company in nj and im sure it will be fine. Your mom might have to be there because the car under her name but im not sure. My mom co signed on my balt and i got insurance on my own

·
Registered
931 Posts
nj insurance is gunna be WAY MORE!!! i promiss u... nj sucks

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I want to keep PA insurance, plates and reg, just get a NJ license... would that be a problem?

·
Registered
80 Posts
cops will try to give you crap about it, i did that when i lived in missouri but i had mississippi tags/licenses, and they ALWAYS asked me what i was doing there, WTF is it their business anyway?! i told the first cop that asked i had just moved there, and he kept talking, being cool, then BAM improper regristration ticket, i got it taken away though. so watch out bud

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well I want to keep PA insurance, plates and reg, just get a NJ license... would that be a problem?
ahh.. idk... yeah my guess is jersey cops will be all over it...

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
it depends on your insurance company and your plan. I can only have like 7 days in the month outside of my city(no hope of enforcing that but still...) so Ive gotta change mine over. just call your insurance company and they should be able to tell you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.