Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i've been looking around at turbos for the hell of it, and i came across this site. I've heard enough about them, but i'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. Would any of these work for the cobalt?? Here's the link if anyone feels kind enough to take a look ;)

.: Catalog :: Synapse Turbo :.

·
Banned
161 Posts
dont bother thinking about turbo'n your car if you dont even know what your looking at. go educate your self with a booth then see if you still want to do it.. its not a bolt and go sorta deal

·
Registered
55 Posts
dont bother thinking about turbo'n your car if you dont even know what your looking at. go educate your self with a booth then see if you still want to do it.. its not a bolt and go sorta deal
you know what. i'm so sick of your negative posts. have constructive criticism for once instead of putting people down. btw...what does "educate yourself with a booth" mean? like at a car show?

now that that's said. those seem to be just the Garrett Tubos sold from a different vendor. not entirely sure if they are for cobalts. if i were getting a turbo (in the future i will be), i'd probably go with a full kit since i still have the stock header and downpipe. the biggest thing you got to worry about for the 07s is the tuning. there is no custom tune as of now. you either need stand-alone or a piggy-back.

·
Banned
161 Posts
you know what. i'm so sick of your negative posts. have constructive criticism for once instead of putting people down. btw...what does "educate yourself with a booth" mean? like at a car show?

now that that's said. those seem to be just the Garrett Tubos sold from a different vendor. not entirely sure if they are for cobalts. if i were getting a turbo (in the future i will be), i'd probably go with a full kit since i still have the stock header and downpipe. the biggest thing you got to worry about for the 07s is the tuning. there is no custom tune as of now. you either need stand-alone or a piggy-back.
my post was constructive

·
Registered
768 Posts

my post was constructive
Yeah I agree. That was really constructive......lol
nramlow quit putting people down just because you know everything. It's getting old.

Shannon - Those can all fit your car, but it's all about how much money you're willing to spend to make you're motor handle them. If you want to know more about turbos I'd say talk to gibsonj4 he's getting to be a real turbo-wiz. He'll answer all your questions.

·
Banned
161 Posts
ok then... ILL RE FRAZE MY SELF... you need to do alot of research befor you even think about doing anything related to turboing your car. if you really dont know what your looking at then you will end up wasting your money and blowing up your car. also because you drive a 2.2l tuning will be for the most part a pain. but there are 3 different route you can go if you decide you actually want to follow though with this.

hahn racecraft has teamed up with sct "tuning" and garrett to sell a complete kit for the 2.2l for around 3 grand you can have a full turbo kit with a prepackaged tune. the only problem with this kit is there is no room to grow. you stuck at 8lbs of boost and a mail order tune. it take roughly a weekend to install.

2-3 for advanced people such as my self

build your own kit.- find you own tune..

there a a bunch of turbos that will work great on these cars. but you have to remember that these engines are high compression, the internals can only handle 250 hp MAX, so to create any REAL large horse power numbers you need to get forged internals and drop you compression. then your turbo options are endless. " you could go from a gt35r or even t3/t4 49 -57 trim" then there is running the piping, getting a log mani that will fit between the firewall and the block,bov, intercooler,waste gate provided you do have an externally gated turbo, you would have to get a 3" back exhaust. then you would need somebody with gm-tech 2 to ajust your speedo to 120 cut off. then you would have to wideband tune. witch means you would need a aem fic or smt-6 then buy a wide band or rent/ or go to a local shop that has one..

did i miss anything... :rolleyes:

·
Banned
161 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
ok then... ILL RE FRAZE MY SELF... you need to do alot of research befor you even think about doing anything related to turboing your car. if you really dont know what your looking at then you will end up wasting your money and blowing up your car. also because you drive a 2.2l tuning will be for the most part a pain. but there are 3 different route you can go if you decide you actually want to follow though with this.

hahn racecraft has teamed up with sct "tuning" and garrett to sell a complete kit for the 2.2l for around 3 grand you can have a full turbo kit with a prepackaged tune. the only problem with this kit is there is no room to grow. you stuck at 8lbs of boost and a mail order tune. it take roughly a weekend to install.

2-3 for advanced people such as my self

build your own kit.- find you own tune..

there a a bunch of turbos that will work great on these cars. but you have to remember that these engines are high compression, the internals can only handle 250 hp MAX, so to create any REAL large horse power numbers you need to get forged internals and drop you compression. then your turbo options are endless. " you could go from a gt35r or even t3/t4 49 -57 trim" then there is running the piping, getting a log mani that will fit between the firewall and the block,bov, intercooler,waste gate provided you do have an externally gated turbo, you would have to get a 3" back exhaust. then you would need somebody with gm-tech 2 to ajust your speedo to 120 cut off. then you would have to wideband tune. witch means you would need a aem fic or smt-6 then buy a wide band or rent/ or go to a local shop that has one..

did i miss anything... :rolleyes:
OMFG! Who's this guy and where did nramlow go? Now that's handy info...

·
Banned
161 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.