Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've decided to take on a couple of projects for the summer. Some went smoothly, others took a bit of work, and some look like a butcher was in there with a torch, hammer and pry bar.

One of my bigger projects is hooking up my tablet as my radio. It's not a fancy tablet, just an ASUS MeMO Pad HD7. It's doing the job and looks awesome. Only issue is that I'm getting high pitch electrical feedback.

Can anyone recommend a noise cancellation device that doesn't cost a fortune?

Thanks

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Feedback can be caused by many issues, but these three are the most common. Bad ground, alternator interferrence (not a big enough ground), or your volume is maxxed or close to maxed out. So make another ground orbuy a ground loop isolator forthe alternator whine. If its the volume, lower the volume on the tablet, buy a 4ch amp and run the outputs of the tablet to the amp then from the amp to the speakers. Im gussing its more of the later issueof having the tablet maxed out on volume. Unlike car radios, tablet speakers are only like 1 watt lol. So tbey arent meant to push 30 watt speakers so you need a little boost.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, it's not the tablet because it'll happen with nothing hooked up. I had 2 amps, 1 for my sub and another 4 channel for my speakers. I bought a noise suppressor which says it's for alternator/ignition interference so I'll find out. Weird this is that it's only for the bright front speaker, no where else.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Nah, it's not the tablet because it'll happen with nothing hooked up. I had 2 amps, 1 for my sub and another 4 channel for my speakers. I bought a noise suppressor which says it's for alternator/ignition interference so I'll find out. Weird this is that it's only for the bright front speaker, no where else.
I think we may have resolved this in your other thread.

If not let me know, there are some options to isolate ground loops for 3.5 connections.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Climertech my issue is 90% solved. I think I posted in the other thread that I'm going to try using, what I think are, shielded RCA cables and I'm going to route power on one side of the car, the speaker wires on another side of the car, and the 3.5 cable away from both.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

SpeedyCobalt, sorry, I thought I had posted pictures of it but that may have been on the Ontario Cobalt Club page before it shut down, but just for you I'll post some.

HOWEVER, my favourite shot is a night shot with my interior lighting.... :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,

Has anyone done this and use a tablet with a built in FM Radio tuner? As in, not downloading an app or using data?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Hey,

Has anyone done this and use a tablet with a built in FM Radio tuner? As in, not downloading an app or using data?
Very nice setup - may I ask where you got the mount? did you have to fab it yourself?

On the FM radio tuner. Unfortunately that would have to be something that came with the tablet. I haven't seen many tablets that have a FM Radio tuner and they aren't really many phones either though Sprint is trying to have more and more phones that have FM tuners.

I also looked for Bluetooth FM tuners/receivers, but at this point it's mostly FM transmitters.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. As for the mount, my dad is a machinist, so I had him make me up the mount. And it's annoying that few tablets have FM radio since my last 2 phones have had it :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.