Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of doing this to my tails, messed around in PS any and all comments welcome

Sent from my iPhone

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Trying to imagine what it would look like further away and it might be OK. Maybe start the line from the immediate inside corner so less of the backup light is covered.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Not my cup of tea

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might do a trial with plasti dip to see how it would look, And post a pic.I can just peel off after. I like the fact it changes the back of the car. But I do appreciate the response! @coby ill try moving the left band up a little bit so less of the light is covered.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
^Agree. It would be obvious you used two pieces of film and slapped them on IMO

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
No harm in trying. Personnalizing your car is always fun. Some will like some dislike. The important thing is that you like.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
the important thing is that the cops like it :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, @coby very true!
@Money smh lol
Did not want to go for traditional covers on eBay. There ok but there is nothing unique about them.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
just tint the whole tail light. Looks great but dont expect to get much use out of your reverse lights

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I know that's why I wanted to go with the partial tint, In the first pic. Cuz I still want to be seen when braking or turning! I have YouTubed the plastidip smoke but it looks gray. So no go on that. Hold on let me see if I can post a link.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^went way to dark but gives you an idea. Shows day and night. Surprised how they show at night. But they went with 3-5 coats. I'm doing 2 tops real light just to get the effect of the first pic in the post!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i love mustangs, but thats a horrible tail light tinting job. i agree too dark

·
Registered
179 Posts
Y not just get the led tail light all together that way no ticket or worry on the tint plus not to fond of the first pic or the pic of the covers but creative thought just not into it lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey epic I was looking at the led tails but $300 online. Ill wait. Unless you know of somewhere for less! But we will see ;-)

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
179 Posts
Well look at it this way lol you get the tinted led tail lights and save your self from a ass hole cop and a huge ticket that could.be more then 300$ lol id go.with the.tail lights other then a ticket that could mess up your drivers.record and get you points on it. Put alil more thought to it cause.remember it is a safety hazard so that means more money on the ticket and maybe a possible accident in the future if the person behind you doesn't see the tail lights and it will be on you cause the illegal tint on the tails lol;-)

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

And its called shop around lol i found tint tails for 200 on amazon weeks ago

·
Registered
675 Posts
^ lol way to throw it all out there epic :p sometimes those little details get overlooked

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.