Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this VHT Nite Shade spray for my tail lights, and i was wondering how do i poperly take off the tail lights so i dont break anything? i looked in the owners manual and it only tells me how to replace the bulbs. any help would be appreaciated thanks.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Should have 2 bolts on each tail light. I'm not completely sure on the Balts with 4 tail lights but on mine. Just pop the trunk and pull back the carpet near the tail lights and unscrew the bolts. There should be to black hook things holding the carpet up. That is one of the screws.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there are 2 bolts holding each tail light, but the ones one the trunk lid are different. i have 4 lights in the back, 5 if u count the rectangular light

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Should have 2 bolts on each tail light. I'm not completely sure on the Balts with 4 tail lights but on mine. Just pop the trunk and pull back the carpet near the tail lights and unscrew the bolts. There should be to black hook things holding the carpet up. That is one of the screws.
Simple! Just like that ^^^^

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Simple! Just like that ^^^^
hey man, i didnt see any smileys haha!

on a serious matter...the third brake light can be a PITA to get off. right where the rubber seal meets the trunk it kind of *at least it did for me* wanted to stay on there. so i just kind of kept wiggling it around and it came off.
good luck and post pics:bigsmile:

·
Registered
496 Posts
perfect! i was wondering how to do this myself

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
:laugh:
BUT watch out w/ the reverse lights (coupe)... if your pushing them up from underneath they'll POP out & slide down ur trunk and scratch it! HA, ok, so that happened to me... one of them popped out & slid down my spoiler, so now i have paint transfer from where they were already painted black (i was gonna re-do them).... im sure i could get it off, but havent tried yet, its not noticable & wasnt deep or anything, just figured id throw that out there! lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.