Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you could give me some advice regarding tail light tint. I was shopping around the other day and noticed at a local odds and ends shop(Mardins) that they had cans of tail light tint for $1.50 apiece. I jumped on this of course but upon arriving home I noticed it wasn't typical black tail light tint but some sort of silver color "silver cast". Upon googling it online to see what it would look like I could not find any cars with this type of tail light tint installed whatsoever. The brand is Rustoleum Lens tint spray silver cast(link at bottom). I was wondering if anyone had heard of or had experience with this brand? Do you guys think it would look any good on a 2005 cobalt sedans tail lights? If not what brand of tail light tint would you guys recommend? I've heard night shades is popular, but i've also heard of people using plasti dip.

Rust-Oleum Automotive 260860 10-Ounce Lens Tint Spray, Silver Cast - Spray Paints - Amazon.com

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yup VHT is the way to go. Be veryyyy careful though, it drips easy.

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Use plasti dip first. You can just peel it off if you don't like it. Also apply vht in light coats. If you go too dark you're screwed lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
You could also get a spare set of tail lights just incase you mess up lol. Also don't spray over the reverse lights otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I used to use vht, but I've started using vinyl wraps and never looked back lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.