Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm looking for a little project to do before i get my headlights for my birthday so i was looking on how to tint your tail lights and I've been putting alot of thought to this for a while and i wanna do it. So i have a 07 LT 4dr sedan shouldn't be to much work, so all those people that did your own tail lights how easy/ hard was it? Give me some steps on what to do and what product you use to make this project a success. Now on the tint i want to get the lightest % possible and i mean like the next % after clear i guess lol what would that % be so i make sure i get the right %. Now another question is are window tint and tail light tint the same thing? I want to make this to were i don't what it to dark to were the cops just wanna pull me over lol other then that i don't like the led tail lights for the 4 Dr either. Unless some one knows a site to were there are custom covers for the lights i was also thinking of that to.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Type in tail light tint, into the search box. You will get pages and pages of info on tail light tint. I would say you should get around 70% tint if you want to use film with just a touch of tint. Otherwise one, maybe a light second coat of night shade with a clear coat.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I highly recommend that you do NOT tint your taillights. I was following behind a Mustang yesterday evening that had tinted taillights and I could NOT see his brake lights AT ALL. On cars with normal taillights during the day, I can usually tell when their normal taillights come on when they turn on their headlights. The brake lights were much worse.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I dont really like those sedan ones either to be honest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.