Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
coupe
and i need to know reverse lights too

·
Registered
802 Posts
ok yah i dont know about the coupe's never done couple tailights before i'm sure some one will by the end of the night tho and post it up for you

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Does ur car have the carpet thingy on the deck lid? (mine doesnt) well, first u'd take that off, i'd assume it just snaps off. Ok, on the rev. lights take the bulbs out by just turning them & the whole housing just comes right out, then unscrew the 2 or 3 nut lookin things (i forget what size, so this may not be too helpful) after you get those off take a flathead screw driver and push those little clips in, BE CAREFUL becase if ur not the rev light will POP out & slide down ur trunk & may scratch ur paint (i did this, lol). Pretty much the same thing on the actual taillights except you gotta pull the carpet back in the trunk to get to the nuts, but it has the little clips too. Once you get everything ready to go gently pop them out. I hope that helps!! I'm bad @ explainin things, but Ive done this a kazillion times b/c ive painted my tails so much! haha

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Open the trunk.
Remove the trunk lid fabric if you have it.
Remove the nuts from the taillights
Remove the taillights
Installation is reverse

Straight from the Haynes manual but shortened a little and more to the point

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i believe one bolt is 10 mm and another is 11.
i took out my tails and put ipcw in during the winter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone. when i first tried taking the reverse lights out, i didnt see that there were nuts to take off. i just got done nite shading them and just waiting to clear coat them

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
thanks everyone. when i first tried taking the reverse lights out, i didnt see that there were nuts to take off. i just got done nite shading them and just waiting to clear coat them
lol, just make sure that you wont get pulled over even though you'll get a warning. its embarrassing...been there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i didnt put a lot of coats on. i think i put 5 real light coats so it doesnt look too dark

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
good call man. i put on 5-6 moderate coats and it looked downright great..but the state troopers didnt think so. if you ever need to get it off though, goo gone. its amazing

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha ok thanks, im goin out now to put clearcoat on

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
post some pics man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.