Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i use to get the leftover adhesive off? ive debadged the rear already and that was a pain in the ass lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
definitely some goo gone and about 10 minutes to soak. a plactic scraper. they sell the scraper a ur local auto part store. just ask about it sometimes they dont have them out on the shelves.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
DON"T use the plastic scraper. Use a hair dryer and fishing line to remove the molding. Then goo gone, heat (from the hair dryer) and a clean microfiber towel to take off the last of the adhesive. It'll take time but it is worth it. Once you got all of the adhesive off, make sure you finish with a good polish and wax.

If you take your time and do it right, the results will be flawless. NEVER take anything to your car like a plastic scraper, razor blade, etc etc. Just...no...wtf freddy517???

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Screw you and your new paint job!! Looks sick with the sky on the blue though!

Look mom no molding!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
DON"T use the plastic scraper.
If you take your time and do it right, the results will be flawless. NEVER take anything to your car like a plastic scraper, razor blade, etc etc. Just...no...wtf freddy517???
I used these on both the cars i took the side trim off, no damage whatsoever, and I was pushing HARD on the first car.

·
Registered
334 Posts
if you can heat up the glue it will come off easier too. get a hair dryer and a extension cord if the wire does reach

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.