Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What did you pay to get your balt tinted ?
Please include if your car is a coupe, sedan, what percent the tint is, which windows are tinted and what warranty you got with the tint. And if you want include tint stories whether if you have recieved tickets or what.

My car is a coupe the front 2 windows are 35% and the rear 3 are 30% and it came with a 3 year warranty. I paid $175.00 here in n.y.

·
Registered
547 Posts
$100, 2 door coupe, 30% all around, lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have heard that tint does not stick too well to the black dots around the edges of the windows. Is this an issue that anyone has seen?
I had that happen to me when I had my 97 cavalier tinted, but that's all. I have not had that problem since.

·
Registered
142 Posts
$140 Sedan, 5% Rear windows and Back window 20% on the front with a Brow... Life time warranty... No tint trouble with the police oh wait thats because i am the police... Sorry :(

·
Registered
2,709 Posts

Small back 2 - 5%, done by friend, roll of tint---uuuh, i think it was $20
Backglass - 20%, $100

6 inch tint strip - 5%, included w/ the roll of tint my friend used for my back 2.

warranty, none. obviously because my friend did some, but the reason the backglass has no warranty is my tint is illegal in VA so i had to go to KY to have them tinted, they wont re-do it, warranty it, and you dont get a reciept & was cash only..... so yeah. I'm going to do my doors myself. And the tint on my little dots looks ok, its off on some of them, but not bad enough to where its hardcore noticable.....
no problems from cops, yet... but my dad's a cop, so........ i have connections. ((NOT THAT I ABUSE THEM...BUT STILL))

hahaha

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have heard that tint does not stick too well to the black dots around the edges of the windows. Is this an issue that anyone has seen?
yah it dosent stick well tot he dot matrix on the back, get your self some black vynal and youll be set, id dosent obstruct your view either

·
Registered
253 Posts
im going to the tint shop.. in NY and they quoted me 30% all around for $160 with lifetime.. i have a coupe

·
Registered
931 Posts
just had mine done today....180 all windows 20% lifetime

·
Registered
208 Posts
Haven't had mine done yet but the tint-pros by my house wants $199 for the back 5 or $220 for all...so that's a no brainer. My car's a sedan and their tint has a lifetime warranty...getting 20% on the back 5 and 50% ont he front two hoping I don't get a ticket.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I asked about that before my tint install. He glued it at the dot matrix at the top of the rear window, looks great & installed in one piece. The single row matrix lines can't be glued I guess, but are uniform at least.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I asked about that before my tint install. He glued it at the dot matrix at the top of the rear window, looks great & installed in one piece. The single row matrix lines can't be glued I guess, but are uniform at least.

that works to but the vinyl is the easyest to do and easy to take off and cheap, you dont even see but a half inch from your reaview mirror of the dot matrix

·
Registered
720 Posts
In my sig is part of the answer...price I don't remember...just a little under $200.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.